Author Topic: Computer won't start up on regular mode because of advast bad image?  (Read 2687 times)

tonyantonio

My computer only works on safe mode now. And if I try to enter regular, I get that avast has a bad image

What was I doing last night?

I used malwarbyte ccleaner for the first time. I used ccleaner to delete some services and to clean up stuff.

Help :(

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Computer won't start up on regular mode because of advast bad image?
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 05:01:41 PM »
what other security programs installed ?

tonyantonio

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 05:05:31 PM »
Security ensitals, malwarbytze, avast, not sure about ccleaner as a virus protecter

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 05:14:30 PM »
Seems your problems may have started when you installed avast and Security Essentials on the same system together, you can only have one AV so you need to uninstall MSE for starters then try repairing avast and if that doesnt work a complete clean install of avast maybe neccessary.

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 05:17:34 PM »
Security ensitals, malwarbytze, avast, not sure about ccleaner as a virus protecter
CCleaner is not a virus program.....it just remove crap files (CCleaner = Crap Cleaner)

so you have avast and security essentials....never install multiple antivirus as this will slow down your machine, give you mysterious windows errors, give you false detections

so you have to uninstall one and then run the removal tool to clear any leftover files that may conflict

you find the removal tools here  http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/

you can have avast and malwarebytes......or MSE and malwarebytes

« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 05:19:06 PM by Pondus »