Author Topic: i'm sorry again but i need to ask a question  (Read 2544 times)

mrjohncougar

i'm sorry again but i need to ask a question
« on: October 20, 2012, 09:24:17 PM »
I ran two quick scans and what the logs said were error archive password protected. Now one i deleted all system resore points and two, when i ran a scan with ariva i had maybe fifty of these. I have with avast about five hundred entries. First i don't understand when i ask for log files all i get is these error files? The scan was for about 6,000 files.  First how do i get a real log file that says avast scanned this many files in this much time? Yes i know where the logs are stored but that's not the answer. Second the errors were filless ending in js,xlm,html,gif and png. So they don't seem to be a problem. I will not keep posting this junk but i'm so used to ariva giving me a total scanned files with only about fifty error that say can't open files. So bear with me. THANKS ::)

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
Re: i'm sorry again but i need to ask a question
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 09:54:22 PM »
Don't worry.
Files that cannot be scanned cannot cause harm in this situation. avast! keeps monitoring them.
Files protected by a password (usually from the manufacturer) are also inert.
Some of us, users, have already asked for avast! not to report them anymore. But think it's more technical and professional keep reporting them.
You've done the right think: asking in forums :)
The best things in life are free.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2012, 10:24:39 PM »
I take it you ticked the "all packers" box. I would suggest you leave that setting at the default setting.
Another way many users get these error messages is running a custom scan. They then do too deep of a scan.
Stick with the default scans, quick and full, and you will be alright.  :)

edit: the image is from the quick scan.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

mrjohncougar

« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2012, 10:53:47 PM »
Nope i havn't gotten that far but thanks anyway. Maybe i look at that in ten days right now i went from a pretty experienced user with ariva to a NEWBIE. ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 08:05:06 PM »
mrjohncougar, enjoy avast! and the support experience :)
The best things in life are free.