Author Topic: Mail Shield messed my STMP mail  (Read 4275 times)

Offline Bonjovicrzy

Mail Shield messed my STMP mail
« on: October 21, 2012, 12:23:16 AM »
Hey everyone I am new the forums but not Avast free I and my whole family have used it for years and love it  but this year I am so frustrated with Avast and my email ..   ..  my mail shield blocks SMTP mail gets stuck in my send/outbox box  /  my Incoming mail is fine I have PoP it says get the 0x800CCC79 errorand SMTP freezes on me   and right not my mail shield is turned off   I have done all the  directions here on the forum & Avast support gave me and nothing helps 

things I have done to fix this   turned off and on my mail shield , change  ports and settings   turn on/off /SSL/STMP settings  , in/ or both  my avast and mail client ,    uninstall my mail  client and avast both for new updated versions it works for a day or two and then it stops  on me (I have the current everything)  do the  cleanup up tools after uninstall & before reinstalling  them and even tried 3 different mail clients even  clean my mail client out completely ,    I have changed my  passwords to my emails and even tried getting a new email ...  and ran antivirus and malware  both in regular and safe mode with 3 programs  it says I am clean  I have tried all three of the mail clients Windows Live Mail , Thunderbird and Eudora and still have problems when the mail shield is on   and even wrote to Avast support about this they give me the same answer and directions  and tell me to check the forums to  when I turn off the mail shield I do not have any problems at all I have called Suddenlink my main email  and had a pc tech  look at my pc to see if there was a problem with the pc I have turned on and off firewall and other programs to see if there was a conflict ..     .. I noticed other having problems with this also .

so it  has to be the Avast free mail shield doing this .. does any other have any new ideas to fix this and the avast team needs to look into this if others are having  problems too   like I said if I doa reinstall it works for a day or two and stops and if avast does any upgrades I noticed it goes bonkers if on .. does the paid version have the same problem? I even thought it might be a Avast free problem thought for a minute of upgrading but I do not want to upgrade and have the same problem I love Avast but  like knowing when I send emails my friends know my emails  are safe .. (quote ) it sends out that it was scan and ok   

I have Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate  and run the new version of Avast free and  normal  mail client Windows Live Mail ( but tried others)

errorI got last night trying to send
 Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 Invalid recipient:
Server: 'smtp.suddenlink.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No
« Last Edit: October 21, 2012, 12:33:43 AM by Bonjovicrzy »

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Mail Shield messed my STMP mail
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 12:53:14 AM »
is it only outgong mail?
turn off outgoing scan as a temporary solution.....the beta is in test and a new version should soon be out

you may test that already to see if that changes anything ?
you find it at top in this forum section...

Offline Bonjovicrzy

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 04:24:58 AM »
thank you for helping & replying   I did turn my outgoing mail off .. in coming  mail is fine  no problems just the SMTP do you know when the new avast  free will  be released?  I am no computer geek and would hate to run a beta and not know what to do or how to  things if it messes up .. I can do computer things if you walk me through it though with very  detailed directions..  for the mean while .. I will keep avast off till it is out  if I need to.but would like to fix this asp if it going to be a long while for the upgrade release .

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2012, 12:03:08 PM »
do you know when the new avast  free will  be released?
nope....but since we are now testing the third beta version.....guessing a week or two

To be updated, please check our new BETA Program page - http://www.avast.com/beta

Release Candidate Free AV / Pro AV / Internet Security  (version 7.0.1472).
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=107241.0

David_E

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2012, 01:32:01 PM »
You may need to contact your email provider (suddenlink) about this.

You can do a Google search for 0x800CCC79
Here is one thread i found about this error:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290842

I'm using Avast (free) mail shield and don't have this problem.
I have Avast 1466 (Prod) and Avast 1472 (Beta/RC) on 2 Win 7 PC's.
I have 6 email accounts: IMAP, MAPI, POP3 incoming, and SMTP outgoing.
My Email providers are Gmail, Hotmail, AOL(AIM), and at&t.
I use Outlook 2010 and WLM 2012 email clients.

SDLshannon

« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2012, 04:35:48 PM »
Hey everyone I am new the forums but not Avast free I and my whole family have used it for years and love it  but this year I am so frustrated with Avast and my email ..   ..  my mail shield blocks SMTP mail gets stuck in my send/outbox box  /  my Incoming mail is fine I have PoP it says get the 0x800CCC79 errorand SMTP freezes on me   and right not my mail shield is turned off   I have done all the  directions here on the forum & Avast support gave me and nothing helps 

things I have done to fix this   turned off and on my mail shield , change  ports and settings   turn on/off /SSL/STMP settings  , in/ or both  my avast and mail client ,    uninstall my mail  client and avast both for new updated versions it works for a day or two and then it stops  on me (I have the current everything)  do the  cleanup up tools after uninstall & before reinstalling  them and even tried 3 different mail clients even  clean my mail client out completely ,    I have changed my  passwords to my emails and even tried getting a new email ...  and ran antivirus and malware  both in regular and safe mode with 3 programs  it says I am clean  I have tried all three of the mail clients Windows Live Mail , Thunderbird and Eudora and still have problems when the mail shield is on   and even wrote to Avast support about this they give me the same answer and directions  and tell me to check the forums to  when I turn off the mail shield I do not have any problems at all I have called Suddenlink my main email  and had a pc tech  look at my pc to see if there was a problem with the pc I have turned on and off firewall and other programs to see if there was a conflict ..     .. I noticed other having problems with this also .

so it  has to be the Avast free mail shield doing this .. does any other have any new ideas to fix this and the avast team needs to look into this if others are having  problems too   like I said if I doa reinstall it works for a day or two and stops and if avast does any upgrades I noticed it goes bonkers if on .. does the paid version have the same problem? I even thought it might be a Avast free problem thought for a minute of upgrading but I do not want to upgrade and have the same problem I love Avast but  like knowing when I send emails my friends know my emails  are safe .. (quote ) it sends out that it was scan and ok   

I have Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate  and run the new version of Avast free and  normal  mail client Windows Live Mail ( but tried others)

errorI got last night trying to send
 Server Error: 550
Server Response: 550 Invalid recipient:
Server: 'smtp.suddenlink.net'
Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC79
Protocol: SMTP
Port: 25
Secure(SSL): No

Hi- My name is Shannon and I am with Suddenlink.  If you are still having trouble with your email, I would be happy to help.  You can email me directly at shannon-AT-suddenlink-DOT-com.  Thanks!