Author Topic: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473  (Read 168582 times)

Offline brcw

Re: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2012, 08:19:22 AM »
Exactly why user's need to use the seach function at the top of the forum as it makes it much easyer to find similar issues, then create there own thread topic so they can be dealt with on a more one on one basis without being lost in the masses which is what has happened to this thread.
That reply alone is enough to convince people that it's time to move on from Avast for good ...

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #211 on: October 29, 2012, 08:48:16 AM »
Exactly why user's need to use the seach function at the top of the forum as it makes it much easyer to find similar issues, then create there own thread topic so they can be dealt with on a more one on one basis without being lost in the masses which is what has happened to this thread.
That reply alone is enough to convince people that it's time to move on from Avast for good ...
Do you have something helpful to post or just meaningless replies which really make no sense ::)

Offline brcw

« Reply #212 on: October 29, 2012, 08:53:01 AM »
Do you have something helpful to post or just meaningless replies which really make no sense ::)
Wow you guys are so-o arrogant.  You deserve to be deserted by all of your customers ! Your customer relations people need to start damage control very quickly.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #213 on: October 29, 2012, 08:56:20 AM »

Oh man, that is cold.  The average person using Avast doesn't even have a clue how to find this website or this forum, much less how to use the Search function.   My 80-year old mother uses Avast and all she knows is that she thought her computer was "broken".   Seriously, have a heart for those who are struggling to even get their PC running - without concerning themselves with the Update.  I bet most of them would be happy just to get it up and running again and be able to access their data.  I would be willing to bet that Avast is singularly responsible for a number of new computer sales this past weekend.  99 out of 100 people wouldn't know what to do with the freeze problem that has been occurring.  Geez, show a little compassion and mercy for the vast majority who haven't a clue.  After all, this isn't a problem that is slowing people down.  This is stopping most dead in their tracks.  Can you put yourself in the position of how you would feel if your computer wouldn't boot and you had no idea at all how to fix it?  Can you put yourself in those shoes at all, even for a minute?
My post was purely placed as instructional so please dont take it out of context and turn it into a matter of user's abilities, we help all users here but we do try to advise them for future responses concerning forum navigation and finding what your after in a much quicker and easyer way.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #214 on: October 29, 2012, 09:01:19 AM »
Wow you guys are so-o arrogant.  You deserve to be deserted by all of your customers ! Your customer relations people need to start damage control very quickly.
Sorry but i find the arrogance has come from your side as your the one who decided to stick your nose into something you were not involved in, where trying to help and advise people here and when people such as yourself decide to step in because you haven't fully understood what was being explained you dont help matters at all.

Offline brcw

« Reply #215 on: October 29, 2012, 09:07:06 AM »
Sorry but i find the arrogance has come from your side as your the one who decided to stick your nose into something you were not involved in, where trying to help and advise people here and when people such as yourself decide to step in because you haven't fully understood what was being explained you dont help matters at all.
I am involved to the extent that I was looking at solutions to try to get 2 machines in my own household back in operation, but none of the suggestions in this string had helped.  When I then came across replies telling people that they aren't posting their problems the right way it became clear that solving all the problems they have caused is not really Avast's top priority !!  (and none of the machines here have ZA).

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #216 on: October 29, 2012, 09:43:13 AM »
I am involved to the extent that I was looking at solutions to try to get 2 machines in my own household back in operation, but none of the suggestions in this string had helped.  When I then came across replies telling people that they aren't posting their problems the right way it became clear that solving all the problems they have caused is not really Avast's top priority !!  (and none of the machines here have ZA).
No one mentioned that avast were not looking into this as top priority as i bet they are, all that was mentioned is that all of the issues are not predominantly related to avast alone and there could several other factors involved, if you dont have ZA on your systems it could be something else or it could be avast and the best way to resolve these matters are for users to start there own threads for the troubleshooting to be far more effective in finding out what the cause of the matter my be.
Firstly starting a topic and including all information relating to system type and spec's, windows version and what service pack, other security software installed including firewall - all this information helps to start the process.

Offline brcw

« Reply #217 on: October 29, 2012, 09:44:41 AM »
If it assists somebody who is genuinely trying to help, none of the compromised machines here is running ZA.  The machine that upgraded without a hitch and is working trouble-free has Vista Home Premium SP2, running Avast with Windows Firewall, and it also has a full working Malwarebytes v. 1.65.1.1000.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #218 on: October 29, 2012, 09:58:24 AM »
If it assists somebody who is genuinely trying to help, none of the compromised machines here is running ZA.  The machine that upgraded without a hitch and is working trouble-free has Vista Home Premium SP2, running Avast with Windows Firewall, and it also has a full working Malwarebytes v. 1.65.1.1000.

It doesn't help, if you tell us, what works..!! ;)
Please start a new thread.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline 3guesses

« Reply #219 on: October 29, 2012, 02:16:48 PM »
Updated ok on mine. Windows xp sp3 32bit windows. No problem. Could be a bug? for 64bit versions?. Tested beta versions and were ok?

Well 64bit versions of XP are rarer than rocking horse droppings and is only an option on XP Pro OS that have a 64bit version. The greatest majority of XP OS are 32bit versions.

Confirming a bug on Win XP 64b - none of 32b apps will start because of Behavioral shield. Turn it off or wait for fix, please.
It's so rare os that we skipped it in the latest testing rounds to save a time... And a new bug appeared. We are sorry for inconvenience :(

Lukas.
This bug is not confined to Win XP 64bit - it also happens on Win XP 32bit.  This is a MAJOR problem.  You have the email addresses from everybody's registration - why aren't you sending out emails warning people of this problem (and detailing the workaround)? ? ? ?  I have wasted half a day already because of this bug, and I am far from alone...

Tetsuo

« Reply #220 on: October 29, 2012, 02:50:34 PM »
why aren't you sending out emails warning people of this problem (and detailing the workaround)? ? ? ?

They have millions of users, sending out warning emails would be impossible.
If they really care about those users, they should have simply stopped the roll-out of version 7.0.1473, in my opinion. Just like Mozilla recently did with FF 16.0
Instead,  recently I saw on Facebook their reminder about a new Avast! Program Update availability but in the last couple of days no warning messages from  them over there...

Edit: added some info
« Last Edit: October 29, 2012, 03:03:08 PM by Tetsuo »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #221 on: October 29, 2012, 03:05:59 PM »

If they really care about those users, they should have simply stopped the roll-out of version 7.0.1473, in my opinion.
Why ? it tested fine and there are millions of users with no problems, I've got it installed own my own two personal systems and the other twenty odd ( xp, vista, win7 ) that I look after have no issues whatsoever, understood that there is definitely a problem on 64bit xp that has been discoved so far.

Offline George Yves

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Help you I can
« Reply #222 on: October 29, 2012, 04:20:39 PM »
I apologize if I missed something, but I would like to know if the issues with the work of the WebRep in Firefox and with the work of the anti-virus on the 64-bit Windows have already been resolved.
May the FOSS be with you!

Aventador

« Reply #223 on: October 29, 2012, 05:25:02 PM »
An emergency patch needs to be pushed out immediately. I am surprised at the Avast team for these careless mistakes.

Nesivos

« Reply #224 on: October 29, 2012, 05:52:24 PM »

I will second that :) and add that it should be prominently displayed