Author Topic: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473  (Read 168697 times)

Nesivos

Re: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473
« Reply #225 on: October 29, 2012, 05:56:34 PM »
Exactly why user's need to use the seach function at the top of the forum as it makes it much easyer to find similar issues, then create there own thread topic so they can be dealt with on a more one on one basis without being lost in the masses which is what has happened to this thread.

Oh man, that is cold.  The average person using Avast doesn't even have a clue how to find this website or this forum, much less how to use the Search function.   My 80-year old mother uses Avast and all she knows is that she thought her computer was "broken".   Seriously, have a heart for those who are struggling to even get their PC running - without concerning themselves with the Update.  I bet most of them would be happy just to get it up and running again and be able to access their data.  I would be willing to bet that Avast is singularly responsible for a number of new computer sales this past weekend.  99 out of 100 people wouldn't know what to do with the freeze problem that has been occurring.  Geez, show a little compassion and mercy for the vast majority who haven't a clue.  After all, this isn't a problem that is slowing people down.  This is stopping most dead in their tracks.  Can you put yourself in the position of how you would feel if your computer wouldn't boot and you had no idea at all how to fix it?  Can you put yourself in those shoes at all, even for a minute?

I don't think he is suggesting that the search function appears first and blocks posting before you search.  He is just suggesting making search more readily available to a person's eyes after they log in.   Nothing cold about that at all.  In fact it is being highly considerate of those who visit here.   More readily available choices are better

Nesivos

« Reply #226 on: October 29, 2012, 06:05:27 PM »
Sorry but i find the arrogance has come from your side as your the one who decided to stick your nose into something you were not involved in, where trying to help and advise people here and when people such as yourself decide to step in because you haven't fully understood what was being explained you dont help matters at all.
I am involved to the extent that I was looking at solutions to try to get 2 machines in my own household back in operation, but none of the suggestions in this string had helped.  When I then came across replies telling people that they aren't posting their problems the right way it became clear that solving all the problems they have caused is not really Avast's top priority !!  (and none of the machines here have ZA).

ISTM that you have to look at this situation from the point of view of those that are trying to help and many do so without pay.    They spend hours of their time trying to and many times being successful at helping people who are having problems, some avast! related and some Windows related.

Haviing to take the time to respond to the same question multiple times in multiple threads or just taking the time to find and post a link on the forum to the problem often which has been solved does not help anyone especially those new to avast!.

Unfortunately this release along with the release of W8 has increased the number of visitors with problems so it gets a bit overwhelming for those trying to help especially for free, when they have to post the same response to the same problem over and over and over again.   This does not help anyone.

Tetsuo

« Reply #227 on: October 29, 2012, 06:30:37 PM »

If they really care about those users, they should have simply stopped the roll-out of version 7.0.1473, in my opinion.
Why ? it tested fine and there are millions of users with no problems, I've got it installed own my own two personal systems and the other twenty odd ( xp, vista, win7 ) that I look after have no issues whatsoever, understood that there is definitely a problem on 64bit xp that has been discoved so far.

Because the problem is mainly with Windows 7 64bit systems. You may want to check  the forum and see how many users posted recently about their own systems becoming unusable after the upgrade (e.g., faulty Behavior Shield). Statistically it is a high number of users in the real world.

Aventador

« Reply #228 on: October 29, 2012, 06:36:44 PM »
Also keep in mind that most new pc's come with Windows 7 64-bit installed. I was gonna fire up my test machine just to see whats up with this new version. Again I am surprised Avast released such a buggy version.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #229 on: October 29, 2012, 06:48:14 PM »

Because the problem is mainly with Windows 7 64bit systems. You may want to check  the forum and see how many users posted recently about their own systems becoming unusable after the upgrade (e.g., faulty Behavior Shield). Statistically it is a high number of users in the real world.
As mentioned my own two win7 64 bit systems and maybe another half dozen of the same operating systems im maintaining have no problem whatsoever, I've probably noticed 30/40 at the most complaints about the new release and some of those have been solved already due to conflicts with Zone Alarm and Malwarebytes and alot of the problems im seeing are also coming from win8 systems which could be due to upgrading to 8 while avast is installed which i think is messing things around.

Aventador

« Reply #230 on: October 29, 2012, 06:59:55 PM »
Hey craigb. I am currently running Bitdefender Antivirus 2013. I am going to uninstall it completely and install this latest Avast on my everyday laptop. I have Windows 7 64-bit with no other security installed. Dont need anything else. I will get back to you. if anything ZA is known to cause issues. I tried ZA months ago with Avast and it locked up my pc. I was running Avast with Windows Firewall and I had no issues. Installed ZA and my laptop froze. Now a days there is no need for a 3rd party firewall when your using Windows 7.

marserobert

« Reply #231 on: October 29, 2012, 07:02:48 PM »
Hi

I also had my OS hosed. I re-installed the OS and loaded Avast internet and also installed the update 7.0.1473 and everything worked fine.

I am now reinstalling each of my applications on a one by one basis and testing. I have left out Malawarebytes. My setup is Windows 7 64bit.

I have loaded Sandboxie + Shadow Defender with no problems. I will continue in this manner until Avast comes up with a solution.

Marserobert

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #232 on: October 29, 2012, 07:06:14 PM »
Hey craigb. I am currently running Bitdefender Antivirus 2013. I am going to uninstall it completely and install this latest Avast on my everyday laptop. I have Windows 7 64-bit with no other security installed. Dont need anything else. I will get back to you. if anything ZA is known to cause issues. I tried ZA months ago with Avast and it locked up my pc. I was running Avast with Windows Firewall and I had no issues. Installed ZA and my laptop froze. Now a days there is no need for a 3rd party firewall when your using Windows 7.
ZA has always caused issues with avast and this newest release is no different, some people manage to get away with it though :)

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #233 on: October 29, 2012, 07:13:00 PM »
Hi

I also had my OS hosed. I re-installed the OS and loaded Avast internet and also installed the update 7.0.1473 and everything worked fine.

I am now reinstalling each of my applications on a one by one basis and testing. I have left out Malawarebytes. My setup is Windows 7 64bit.

I have loaded Sandboxie + Shadow Defender with no problems. I will continue in this manner until Avast comes up with a solution.

Marserobert
If you have AIS installed then it already has a sandbox so you dont really need sandboxie and the two programs together on the same system will conflict unless you remove one of them, I've no idea how Shadow Defender plays with all these as I've never used it and Malwarebytes should be fine as long as you have the mutual exclusions in place.

marserobert

« Reply #234 on: October 29, 2012, 07:19:56 PM »
Hi Craiggb

I will remove Sandoxie!

What is the Malawarebytes mutual exclusion?

Thanks for your reply

Marserobert

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #235 on: October 29, 2012, 07:28:10 PM »
Hi Craiggb

What is the Malawarebytes mutual exclusion?

Thanks for your reply

Marserobert
The exclusions are only for if you have MBAM Pro ? add the avast program file to the trusted list in MBAM Pro, then add the MBAM Pro program file to the avast exclusions in File Shield, there are also some MBAM exe files that should be added to the Trusted Processes in the avast behaviour shield - see pic

marserobert

« Reply #236 on: October 29, 2012, 07:46:59 PM »
Hi craigb

Thanks for your input.

I have AIS and recently I have put AIS on 16 of my client's machines, and of those 11 are absolutely fine. The other 5 have Malawarebytes.

I have taken Malawarebytes of the 5 machines that have been hosed and they are fine, but these people want Mbam returned. Will there be a solution?

Regards

Marserobert

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #237 on: October 29, 2012, 07:53:16 PM »
Hi craigb

Thanks for your input.

I have AIS and recently I have put AIS on 16 of my client's machines, and of those 11 are absolutely fine. The other 5 have Malawarebytes.

I have taken Malawarebytes of the 5 machines that have been hosed and they are fine, but these people want Mbam returned. Will there be a solution?

Regards

Marserobert
Well if there using the Pro Version of MBAM the solution is to use the exclusions, Malwarebytes have always recommended having the exclusions but until recently many avast users have gotten away without them but as both of the programs grow in there detection/protection capabilities these exclusions are going to become more and more neccessary.

marserobert

« Reply #238 on: October 29, 2012, 08:54:41 PM »
Hi all

My OS was hosed! Using Windows 7 64 bit and using Malwarebytes.

Reinstalled OS loaded AIS and the update 7.0.1473 without Malwarebytes. Had a quick chat with "craigb" used the mutual exclusions and bingo = all is well.

Thanks craigb for your time and attention.

Marse robert

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #239 on: October 29, 2012, 09:03:44 PM »
Hi all

My OS was hosed! Using Windows 7 64 bit and using Malwarebytes.

Reinstalled OS loaded AIS and the update 7.0.1473 without Malwarebytes. Had a quick chat with "craigb" used the mutual exclusions and bingo = all is well.

Thanks craigb for your time and attention.

Marse robert
Your welcome :)