Author Topic: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473  (Read 168042 times)

Offline Doc16743

Re: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473
« Reply #240 on: October 29, 2012, 09:53:07 PM »
-> http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&p=417798&#entry417798
[/quote]

Sorry to say this procedure didn't work for me. It worked to the extent that I was able to do the upgrade and reboot once, but on the second restart it hung as it usually does - when Windows has almost completed booting.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #241 on: October 30, 2012, 06:23:27 AM »
-> http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&p=417798&#entry417798
Sorry to say this procedure didn't work for me. It worked to the extent that I was able to do the upgrade and reboot once, but on the second restart it hung as it usually does - when Windows has almost completed booting.
Did you include the extra files I mentioned in reply 235 page 16 ?

Offline Doc16743

« Reply #242 on: October 30, 2012, 11:39:55 AM »

Did you include the extra files I mentioned in reply 235 page 16 ?
[/quote]

No, I did not! Apparently I only skimmed that reply and overlooked the .jpg. In retrying the original instructions and adding the two files from the .jpg that weren't included in the original post, it MAY have done the trick! Upgrade went smoothly, and so far have done three cold & warm boots with no lockup. Will monitor it for several days and repost if the problem reappears.

Thanks!!!

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #243 on: October 30, 2012, 12:56:23 PM »
No, I did not! Apparently I only skimmed that reply and overlooked the .jpg. In retrying the original instructions and adding the two files from the .jpg that weren't included in the original post, it MAY have done the trick! Upgrade went smoothly, and so far have done three cold & warm boots with no lockup. Will monitor it for several days and repost if the problem reappears.

Thanks!!!
Good that it working :) the mbamscheduler.exe is the main one that causing all the problems i believe as that exe is part of two processes and not just one as it was previously with just the mbamservice.exe.

dagrev

« Reply #244 on: October 30, 2012, 01:42:07 PM »
Any word on when the fix/update for .1473 will be out?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #245 on: October 30, 2012, 01:49:31 PM »
Any word on when the fix/update for .1473 will be out?
What issue do you have that requires fixing ?

dagrev

« Reply #246 on: October 30, 2012, 01:58:58 PM »
CragB- I haven't been able to get Outlook syncing and sending email (gmail and a local ISP).  I started the thread below but no fixes have worked.  With all the other issues I figured a fix must be in the works.

Fortunately I have RollbackRX and was easily able to go back to the stable version that worked fine. 

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=107641.new;topicseen#new
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 02:00:30 PM by dagrev »

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #247 on: October 30, 2012, 02:12:03 PM »
CragB- I haven't been able to get Outlook syncing and sending email (gmail and a local ISP).  I started the thread below but no fixes have worked.  With all the other issues I figured a fix must be in the works.

Fortunately I have RollbackRX and was easily able to go back to the stable version that worked fine. 

Ok, i dont use Outlook so im unable to help you there so your best to stick with that thread you created for getting any further answers, anything in this thread will soon be lost.

dagrev

« Reply #248 on: October 30, 2012, 02:18:18 PM »

Ok, i dont use Outlook so im unable to help you there so your best to stick with that thread you created for getting any further answers, anything in this thread will soon be lost.

Thanks for your interest.  It's much appreciated. 

The other thread received no more suggestions from avast or others.  I may need to just contact support.

Offline Dr Mahmoud

« Reply #249 on: October 30, 2012, 04:15:44 PM »
I have a problem with torrent trackers (IPT).

when i disable network shield every thing goes OK.

Iam on Win 8 Pro RTM x86.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2012, 04:19:18 PM by zika2020 »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #250 on: October 30, 2012, 04:27:03 PM »
What's the problem you are encountering ?
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline Dr Mahmoud

« Reply #251 on: October 30, 2012, 04:43:01 PM »

Nesivos

« Reply #252 on: October 30, 2012, 05:23:54 PM »
Hi

I also had my OS hosed. I re-installed the OS and loaded Avast internet and also installed the update 7.0.1473 and everything worked fine.

I am now reinstalling each of my applications on a one by one basis and testing. I have left out Malawarebytes. My setup is Windows 7 64bit.

I have loaded Sandboxie + Shadow Defender with no problems. I will continue in this manner until Avast comes up with a solution.

Marserobert
If you have AIS installed then it already has a sandbox so you dont really need sandboxie and the two programs together on the same system will conflict unless you remove one of them, I've no idea how Shadow Defender plays with all these as I've never used it and Malwarebytes should be fine as long as you have the mutual exclusions in place.

The exclusion method works but is not really a fix.   It is however using the system as designed so it is not workaround either.   In any case I would like to see avast! add a notes popup file as part of the installation process.   Other software does it.   In this way if there is a known conflict between Malwarebytes and avast! that can be handled by excluding each of them in the other program then a note should say that.   This would reduce the number of OP's on the forum when an OP is not needed to solve a say a program conflict or whatever.

The key would be to insure people read the note as part of of install and there a ways to atleast force it up on the monitor and stick it in the user's face hoping they will read it and not just mindlessly close it. :)

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #253 on: October 30, 2012, 05:32:40 PM »
Here is a photo

http://i48.tinypic.com/2z9lefq.jpg

I'm not sure why the network shield would get involved here as generally it checks any connection requests against its malicious sites list and alerts if one is found, but you aren't getting any alerts. Whilst I have seen some avast alerts (in the forums) in relation to seeding URLs being considered malicious, I haven't seen any related to 'Tracker sending invalid data.' That was usually resolved by clearing  the cache and any seeding URLs.

So I'm not sure what this invalid data might be (I don't use any P2P application), I don't know if the data you have obscured in the image might help someone else who does use P2P.

I ignored the network shield interaction temporarily to do a search on the error you were getting, http://uk.search.yahoo.com/search?p=torrent+trackers+"Tracker+sending+invalid+data" and that gets lots of hits. Now if it is possible to get this for other reasons other than 'every one of this hits running avast (highly unlikely),' so there may be more to this as some firewalls also seem to have this impact.

Since the network shield is like a limited firewall if there happens to be any conflict between the firewall and the network shield removal one one element would resolve any conflict.

Unfortunately my practical experience with P2P apps is zero, so hopefully someone else can pick this up. However I would recommend that you create a new topic so that your problem doesn't get buried in this very large topic.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #254 on: October 30, 2012, 05:46:44 PM »
The exclusion method works but is not really a fix.   It is however using the system as designed so it is not workaround either.
How is the exclusion not really a fix ::) it's always been advised on the MBAM forums to use the exclusions and the fact that so many users have gotten away without them this long is just lucky.

Both programs are growing in there protection capabilities so they were bound to cross swords and conflict sometime.