Author Topic: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473  (Read 168060 times)

Broken Hope

Re: NEW PROGRAM UPDATE 7.0.1473
« Reply #255 on: October 30, 2012, 06:00:15 PM »
I hope Avast are planning on releasing an update with a fixed Network shield, considering they are claiming they are fully Windows 8 compatible, the Network shield is causing problems with browsing local router/modem pages.

Nesivos

« Reply #256 on: October 30, 2012, 07:09:25 PM »
The exclusion method works but is not really a fix.   It is however using the system as designed so it is not workaround either.
How is the exclusion not really a fix ::) it's always been advised on the MBAM forums to use the exclusions and the fact that so many users have gotten away without them this long is just lucky.

Both programs are growing in there protection capabilities so they were bound to cross swords and conflict sometime.

I will admit it is splitting hairs to say it is not a fix.   Technically however the problem still exists.  Excluding the scanning of some files by both program does not eliminate the conflict.  It covers it up as it were. like an aspirin covers up pain.  An aspirin does not eliminate the cause of pain or fix the pain problem as it were, it just covers it up.   Once the affects from the aspirin are worn off the problem returns just as once you remove the exclusions from scanning the problem returns unless it has run its course like with some headaches.  In neither case is the problem fixed.  It is still there but just covered up when the medication/exclusion is applied.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #257 on: October 30, 2012, 07:23:12 PM »
I will admit it is splitting hairs to say it is not a fix.   Technically however the problem still exists.   
Sorry but i dont see it as a problem as all security programs ( AV's, Spyware Scanners, Firewalls ) recommend excluding each from one another.

Offline barryfs

« Reply #258 on: October 30, 2012, 10:34:42 PM »
I have seen the suggested exclusions in reply #235 on page 16, but they suggest that they are only for MBAM pro users.
I have MBAM free and Avast free.
I also experienced these issues, and had to uninstall Avast in order to get my PC to start up cleanly.
I have now reverted to version 1466, until a fix is released for 1473.
Is this likely, or do we need to add some exclusions for MBAM free, if so what do I need to do if I want to update Avast to the latest program version?

Strangely, I have the same combination of applications on another Win 7 64 bit machine (plus zonealarm free) and I am not experiencing any issues whatsoever!

twl845

« Reply #259 on: October 30, 2012, 11:57:08 PM »
Hi Craiggb

What is the Malawarebytes mutual exclusion?

Thanks for your reply

Marserobert
The exclusions are only for if you have MBAM Pro ? add the avast program file to the trusted list in MBAM Pro, then add the MBAM Pro program file to the avast exclusions in File Shield, there are also some MBAM exe files that should be added to the Trusted Processes in the avast behaviour shield - see pic
CraigB, I don't see a place in MBAM Pro where I can find a trusted list to place Avast. I looked in each tab. Can you put me in the right place? Thanks.

Aventador

« Reply #260 on: October 31, 2012, 12:13:11 AM »
Very easy. There are two places. Click on the file shield. Click expert settings/exclusions. Do the same with the behavior shield. Add MBAM Pro as a trusted process. Add mbamservice,mbamgui,mbam.exe and mbam scheduler. Its that easy.

Aventador

« Reply #261 on: October 31, 2012, 12:14:08 AM »
Also click settings/exclusions and add it from being scanned when doing on demand scans.

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
« Reply #262 on: October 31, 2012, 12:50:36 AM »
I'm running Windows 7 64 and the only problem I had when I updated to the latest version was when I had to restart my computer.  When it finished booting I had a black screen showing only the cursor.  I then did a manual shutdown, pushed the power button and when it restarted all of my programs loaded without any problem.

I updated my husbands Windows XP 64, restarted and his booted normally.

« Last Edit: October 31, 2012, 01:07:41 AM by -midnight »

Offline TerraX

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #263 on: October 31, 2012, 12:52:30 AM »
CraigB, I don't see a place in MBAM Pro where I can find a trusted list to place Avast. I looked in each tab. Can you put me in the right place? Thanks.
--> http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&st=0&p=417798&#entry417798
Win10 64bit / Avast Premium Security / MBAM Free / Firefox ESR [NS/uBO] / Thunderbird / AOS/ASB

twl845

« Reply #264 on: October 31, 2012, 01:16:03 AM »
--> http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138&st=0&p=417798&#entry417798
TerraX, Thanks for the link. I got it done.  ;D

Offline TerraX

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #265 on: October 31, 2012, 01:32:27 AM »
TerraX, Thanks for the link. I got it done.  ;D
Hi,

now runs everything?
You're welcome! :)
Win10 64bit / Avast Premium Security / MBAM Free / Firefox ESR [NS/uBO] / Thunderbird / AOS/ASB

Nesivos

« Reply #266 on: October 31, 2012, 03:10:30 AM »
I will admit it is splitting hairs to say it is not a fix.   Technically however the problem still exists.   
Sorry but i dont see it as a problem as all security programs ( AV's, Spyware Scanners, Firewalls ) recommend excluding each from one another.

I agree it is a not a problem but it would be preferable if the programs didn't conflict to begin with and a person didn't have to bother with the exclusions.   Its more of an irritatant than a problem.

Offline 3guesses

« Reply #267 on: October 31, 2012, 12:55:36 PM »

If they really care about those users, they should have simply stopped the roll-out of version 7.0.1473, in my opinion.
Why ? it tested fine and there are millions of users with no problems, I've got it installed own my own two personal systems and the other twenty odd ( xp, vista, win7 ) that I look after have no issues whatsoever, understood that there is definitely a problem on 64bit xp that has been discoved so far.
I think you would rapidly change your tune if next time you rebooted your systems they all effectively stopped working.

But hey, I'm all right Jack.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #268 on: October 31, 2012, 01:57:04 PM »
I think you would rapidly change your tune if next time you rebooted your systems they all effectively stopped working.
"Not so" as a system image will have me back in action in ten minutes if it didn't work, but it does so anything else is speculation ;)

Tetsuo

« Reply #269 on: October 31, 2012, 02:40:52 PM »
"Not so" as a system image will have me back in action in ten minutes if it didn't work, but it does so anything else is speculation ;)

Unfortunately I think you missed the rest of his post: 'But hey, I'm all right Jack' which,  in retrospect, actually anticipated the spirit of your own reply.
So dear 3guesses,  I can now say you had a good point.

I'm all right Jack, pull up the ladder!

-------------------------------------------------------

Anyone could kindly confirm me that Web Rep stuff is still not working in FF? Any workaround?
A friend of mine just asked me about that but I don't use Web Rep and I have not followed any of the recent WR related threads. Thank you in advance for your time.