Poll

Still crashing as of 7.0.1474?

No
8 (10.1%)
Yes
71 (89.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: ASWnet.sys BSOD windows 8  (Read 110034 times)

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
Re: ASWnet.sys BSOD windows 8
« Reply #15 on: November 01, 2012, 05:31:00 AM »
I can confirm it's still happening in this version too. In fact, disabling Avast's shields resolves it still, as previously suggested as a temporary fix for the version released yesterday.
~SugarD-x~

mooman219

« Reply #16 on: November 01, 2012, 05:36:39 AM »
Installed 7.0.1474, so far pleased with the result. No BSOD's have occurred yet and am staying optimistic.

I can confirm it's still happening in this version too. In fact, disabling Avast's shields resolves it still, as previously suggested as a temporary fix for the version released yesterday.

In response to this comment, upload the minidumb or memdump. It's helping no one complaining about it.
I am running with all the shields online for the last hour. Normally it would have crashed two or three times by now, but it's staying strong. Honestly, I don't know what to say other than thank you avast! team.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #17 on: November 01, 2012, 05:48:12 AM »
Installed 7.0.1474, so far pleased with the result. No BSOD's have occurred yet and am staying optimistic.

In response to this comment, upload the minidumb or memdump. It's helping no one complaining about it.
I am running with all the shields online for the last hour. Normally it would have crashed two or three times by now, but it's staying strong. Honestly, I don't know what to say other than thank you avast! team.
I would love to, but having some trouble keeping the system up long enough to grab one. ;D
~SugarD-x~

thatguy82b

« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 06:33:04 AM »
I got a good couple of hours before 1474 crashed for me. Hopefully the memory dump file I uploaded will help :) I still uninstalled Avast for the meantime though, as BSOD's can be annoying!

It looks like the BSOD regarding ndis.sys has been resolved though which is good.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 09:08:48 AM »
It looks like the BSOD regarding ndis.sys has been resolved though which is good.
Surprisingly I never got that one. Even odder, my laptop running Windows 8 never had any BSOD's...and it's a piece of crap. :P
~SugarD-x~

mijelbbtt

« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 03:15:29 PM »
I have the same problem. My pc crash with aswnet.sys and ndis.sys when I install a program with windows 8.

In my laptop, I upgrade windows 7 to windows 8 and any problem but in the Home PC, I was a fresh install and I have many crash.

When I uninstall the Avast, the problem was out.
I donĀ“t have any problem with other programs or drivers.

Fixed soon please.

(Avast Internet security, Intel i7 3.4. Geforce 460gtx, 8gb ram, Sound blaster x-fi titanium sound car)
« Last Edit: November 01, 2012, 03:18:42 PM by mijelbbtt »

floriko

« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 06:54:20 PM »
Samsung R560-Aura Dilis Laptop here @ win 8 x64

still aswnet.sys BSOD QQ

Sepil

« Reply #22 on: November 01, 2012, 10:12:29 PM »
Still BSOD with version 1474 and aswnet.sys. When turning Webshield off, everything works. I have payed this product and they have had six days to correct the problem. Not a pro work at all.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #23 on: November 01, 2012, 10:24:09 PM »
Still BSOD with version 1474 and aswnet.sys. When turning Webshield off, everything works. I have payed this product and they have had six days to correct the problem. Not a pro work at all.
Patience my friend, they are trying. I know it sucks, but sometimes it takes time to figure out the cause before they can find a solution. :)

As for fixing it, they have made 2 attempts in the last couple days already, which have worked for some, but not others. The issue is also not consistent as some systems get the error and some don't. We just have to wait it out and hope things get fixed soon. :)
~SugarD-x~

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
Quality is also a feature.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #25 on: November 01, 2012, 11:33:39 PM »
Can't speak for the others, but:
I would love to, but having some trouble keeping the system up long enough to grab one. ;D
~SugarD-x~

Offline lukas.hasik

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
  • Product manager of Avast Security for Windows
« Reply #26 on: November 01, 2012, 11:41:23 PM »
Quality is also a feature.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #27 on: November 01, 2012, 11:52:07 PM »

Hi, this is strange. Others reported turning Network shield off to help, Web Shield is not directly connected to this new aswnet.sys driver (of course it uses network, so its possible of course).

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2012, 12:15:00 AM »

Hi, this is strange. Others reported turning Network shield off to help, Web Shield is not directly connected to this new aswnet.sys driver (of course it uses network, so its possible of course).
It doesn't appear to be a consistent error either, so I'm wondering if it's something else on the system that is conflicting in Windows 8.
~SugarD-x~

Zettadox

« Reply #29 on: November 02, 2012, 01:56:43 AM »
Hello everyone. I am having this same exact BSOD on Windows 8 x64 Professional. I am unable to upload my memory dump at the moment as it is a very large file and my upload speed is very poor on VDSL. Here is some information on my crash however. http://pastebin.com/Fqaxn7LT I am on Avast! Build #7.0.1474