Poll

Still crashing as of 7.0.1474?

No
8 (10.1%)
Yes
71 (89.9%)

Total Members Voted: 1

Author Topic: ASWnet.sys BSOD windows 8  (Read 110037 times)

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
Re: ASWnet.sys BSOD windows 8
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 02:01:51 AM »
Hello everyone. I am having this same exact BSOD on Windows 8 x64 Professional. I am unable to upload my memory dump at the moment as it is a very large file and my upload speed is very poor on VDSL. Here is some information on my crash however. http://pastebin.com/Fqaxn7LT I am on Avast! Build #7.0.1474
Ahh...the old DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD reason. Same thing I've got here after further investigation [and crashing]. I remember that thing plaguing systems back in the old Windows 2000 era. ;D
~SugarD-x~

raupie

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 02:11:02 AM »
Clean install of Windows 8 x64. First was getting BSOD of Driver IRQL not less or equal ndis.sys and now aswnet.sys BSOD's are starting. Happens at random moments. ASUS Motherboard and NVIDIA driver. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 02:21:08 AM »
Clean install of Windows 8 x64. First was getting BSOD of Driver IRQL not less or equal ndis.sys and now aswnet.sys BSOD's are starting. Happens at random moments. ASUS Motherboard and NVIDIA driver. Glad to see I'm not the only one with this issue.
From what I've heard, the previous update fixed the ndis.sys BSOD problem. Still awaiting updates on the aswnet.sys one, though. Windows 8 x86 here. My Windows 8 x64 on my other system remains unaffected by this bug.
~SugarD-x~

Zettadox

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 02:28:09 AM »
Hello everyone. I am having this same exact BSOD on Windows 8 x64 Professional. I am unable to upload my memory dump at the moment as it is a very large file and my upload speed is very poor on VDSL. Here is some information on my crash however. http://pastebin.com/Fqaxn7LT I am on Avast! Build #7.0.1474
Ahh...the old DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD reason. Same thing I've got here after further investigation [and crashing]. I remember that thing plaguing systems back in the old Windows 2000 era. ;D
Yes a blast from the past come back to haunt me it would seem. I recommend everyone check out this program for diagnosing BSODs as well it is what I used to generate that pastebin file. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html I have no affiliation with them, rather I am merely suggesting a peice of software that has proved useful to me over the years.  ;)

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 02:29:41 AM »
Yes a blast from the past come back to haunt me it would seem. I recommend everyone check out this program for diagnosing BSODs as well it is what I used to generate that pastebin file. http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html I have no affiliation with them, rather I am merely suggesting a peice of software that has proved useful to me over the years.  ;)
I'll give that a try if I can get on the system long enough :lol:
~SugarD-x~

Randominsanity

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 03:26:06 PM »
I never had this problem then I updated to the new 7.0.1474 version of avast and now I do have the issue so this is not fixed.

Offline Tonanet

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 06:08:03 PM »
I am also having this problem in my windows 8 (64 bits).

I have uninstalled avast until this problem is fixed... Because I was not able to use the computer with all these crashes.

Do you guys need my dump file? If so, How can I find my dump file in windows 8? I am a bit lost here...

Thanks for your time,

Elminster
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:45:17 PM by Elminster »

mooman219

« Reply #37 on: November 03, 2012, 12:05:40 AM »
Snip ~  Double post, sorry, update post below \/
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:10:38 AM by mooman219 »

mooman219

« Reply #38 on: November 03, 2012, 12:08:00 AM »
It crashed :(
Minidump link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_dolYolq39ZcUxxUzlfdTZyRTQ
Also uploaded minidump to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

I'll upload the full dump later.

On Fri 11/2/2012 8:35:52 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: D:\Windows\Minidump\110212-24164-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswnet.sys (0xFFFFF880061623AA)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x38, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880061623AA)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: D:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswnet.sys
product: Avast Firewall
company: AVAST Software
description: AVAST Firewall Core Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswnet.sys (AVAST Firewall Core Driver, AVAST Software).
Google query: AVAST Software DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Zettadox

« Reply #39 on: November 03, 2012, 12:50:21 AM »
It crashed :(
Minidump link: https://docs.google.com/open?id=0B_dolYolq39ZcUxxUzlfdTZyRTQ
Also uploaded minidump to ftp://ftp.avast.com/incoming

I'll upload the full dump later.

On Fri 11/2/2012 8:35:52 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: D:\Windows\Minidump\110212-24164-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: aswnet.sys (0xFFFFF880061623AA)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x38, 0x2, 0x0, 0xFFFFF880061623AA)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: D:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswnet.sys
product: Avast Firewall
company: AVAST Software
description: AVAST Firewall Core Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: aswnet.sys (AVAST Firewall Core Driver, AVAST Software).
Google query: AVAST Software DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

How did you extract a single dump? Thanks.

Chadzo69

« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2012, 01:38:10 AM »
Windows 8 Pro x 64. BSOD every few hours with Free Avast installed. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. Uninstalled Avast. No BSOD since using Windows Defender.

Also, when I was installing 8, my free trial of Avast Pro 7 suddenly expired. That was the first sign I had of a problem. Eventually uninstalled AVP 7 and reinstalled Free Avast, which led to the aforementioned BSOD.

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #41 on: November 03, 2012, 03:06:47 AM »
Windows 8 Pro x 64. BSOD every few hours with Free Avast installed. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD. Uninstalled Avast. No BSOD since using Windows Defender.

Also, when I was installing 8, my free trial of Avast Pro 7 suddenly expired. That was the first sign I had of a problem. Eventually uninstalled AVP 7 and reinstalled Free Avast, which led to the aforementioned BSOD.
Just a side warning, Windows Defender is only Anti-Spyware.
~SugarD-x~

Chadzo69

« Reply #42 on: November 03, 2012, 07:22:15 AM »
I've read in numerous articles that Windows Defender was expanded to also be anti-virus for Windows 8. The general consensus seems to be that Avast is better, but as long as the BSOD keeps happening with Avast, it will have to be Defender. Hopefully not for long.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #43 on: November 03, 2012, 07:33:25 AM »
Just a side warning, Windows Defender is only Anti-Spyware.

Not on W8.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

aldago41

« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2012, 01:09:39 PM »
I'm not having the BSOD on Win8, but the netowrk shield goes crazy and it keeps using 25-30% cpu, maybe it is related...