Author Topic: Need Help Registering  (Read 3453 times)

rondlac

Need Help Registering
« on: February 02, 2005, 01:46:04 AM »
Just reloaded my OS and had to enter my avast registration number into one of the pop-ups at the initial program start.  I entered my registration number that I had received in Sept 04 the same one which worked last week when I loaded another OS.  (Why all the changes with the OS's--virus.)
This time it won't work, avast says no good.  I need a POC to address an email to.  Actually any help I can get.

Thanks,
rondlac

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Need Help Registering
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 01:52:01 AM »
If you use the home version, just get a new key from the website and use it.
If you have the pro version, you need to contact your reseller or Avast.

Skelator

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 03:18:03 AM »
 Registering doesn't seem to be working at all with a valid email account <doesn't receive an email> when you originally received home and probably pro but use an alternative email and you'll get a notification instantly. This was going to be my post as I had expired. I ended up using my Yahoo email to get the new Key so I could get it up and going again.

Skelator

rondlac

« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2005, 02:25:21 AM »
Skelator & Eddy,
I found the problem but not the cure.  The problem: AOL.  My old computer took ill and died.  The one I am on now is a resurrection from the bone yard.  It had AOL in it and a lot of my online actions could not work because I am not a member of AOL.  Why? Dunno.
I called AOL and together the tech and I removed all files with AOL in them, addressing AOL not part of an unrelated word.  Now when I try to take some actions on the net I get an error pop-up that states, "aol.exe" cannot be found.  This is the explanation to the error I get when I try to register with avast.  AOL now tells me it is not their fault and to have a nice day.
Is there some way I can get a message to avast technical?

Thanks, rondlac