Author Topic: avast 4.ini  (Read 4778 times)

ena

avast 4.ini
« on: February 02, 2005, 09:32:53 AM »
Possible someone will me give a little explanation about the follow please:

What is and mean avast 4.ini and how use I that?

??? ??? ???

Already thanks for the whiling tips.

:) :) :)

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
Re: avast 4.ini
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2005, 12:20:12 PM »
what about checking this thread? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=1647.0

ena

« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2005, 12:39:13 PM »
what about checking this thread? http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=1647.0

Thanks lukor for the tip.

Is it usual that I receive a red cross instead an image in the text?

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2005, 02:08:06 PM »
If it is an image that is in the text of a post? Then it is possible that the location where the image is stored (the image is retrieved from other than avast.com) could be having server problems or is very busy.

It could also be to do with your browser? cache, clear the browser cache as it may resolve small images.

However, I believe it is the first option as I have had problems with slow loading from photobucket.com today. This free image storage site is popular with many forum users.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ena

« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2005, 04:26:02 PM »
If it is an image that is in the text of a post?

Thanks DavidR for the reply.

It are the small areas with red crosses which I see in the explanation off the topic from Technical named "understanding avast4.ini file"

I hope that I have well understanding Your question.

Online DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2005, 05:57:25 PM »
On the left of each post there a number of small images, with details of the person. and on the right the main text of the post.

Images that can't be displayed are usually indicated by the small red cross.

If you have tried the refresh button of your browser (which one do you use) and that doesn't work, clear the browser cache (Temporary Internet Files).

There are times as I have said when an image can't be displayed because a server is busy. It is best to try again later.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

ena

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2005, 07:32:05 PM »

If you have tried the refresh button of your browser (which one do you use) and that doesn't work, clear the browser cache (Temporary Internet Files).

There are times as I have said when an image can't be displayed because a server is busy. It is best to try again later.

Thanks again David R, I have tried as You sayed [refresh button ( there is only one I can use, I think) and clear the browser cache]

Below I tried to copy an example of what I want to say 
with an by me typed cross that also could not be copied.

"FilterMgr 0           x Not supported yet! Care! Future feature for Standard Shield with XP SP2."

I hope that I clearly explained the problem, because I do not know much of the English language.

Offline pk

• Avast team
  • Super Poster
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2005, 08:42:29 PM »
The "X" (seen in Internet Explorer) is referring to the image which wasn't found on server (i'll leave a note for the thread's author). You can modify avast4.ini file (because not all settings is allowed from avast graphical interface).

ena

« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2005, 09:00:32 PM »
The "X" (seen in Internet Explorer) is referring to the image which wasn't found on server (i'll leave a note for the thread's author).

Thanks very much pk.

:) :) :)