Author Topic: Privitize VPN blocked; exclusions ignored by Avast  (Read 3820 times)

TangentOrange

Privitize VPN blocked; exclusions ignored by Avast
« on: October 27, 2012, 08:22:40 PM »
Avast blocks the connection of Privitize VPN, saying it is a malicious URL.  However, I have been using Privitize VPN successfully without issue or malware for a while now.

My problem is that I have to completely disable Avast in order to use it, which defeats the purpose of having Avast.  I have added exclusions to the Web Shield, to the File System Shield, and to the Behaviour Shield, but Avast ignores my direction and continues to block what it chooses.  I understand that Avast thinks this is unsafe, but I am confident after using it for months that it is not.  More to the point, why are exclusions ignored and I have no control over my antivirus protection?

My question is how do I get Avast to allow me to use my VPN without foregoing all other protections? 
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, 08:24:25 PM by TangentOrange »

Offline NON

• Japanese User
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Whatever will be, will be.
Re: Privitize VPN blocked; exclusions ignored by Avast
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 01:12:25 PM »
Hello TangentOrange,

It seems your VPN service is detected by the avast! Network Shield (URL:Mal). Unfortunately there is no exclusion settings in Network Shield.
You can disable network shield only, from avast! main window -> Realtime Shields -> Network Shield -> Stop.

And if you don't mind, you can report that URL to avast as false positives, or it will not be fixed.

Virus and Worms section
http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=4.0

or

Send mail to virus@avast.com
Desktop: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-7400 3.0GHz / 32GB RAM / Avast 23 Premium Beta(Icarus) / Comodo Firewall
Notebook: Win10 Pro 22H2 64bit / Core i5-3340M 2.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast 23 Free / Windows Firewall Control
Server: Win11 Pro 23H2 64bit / Core i3-4010U 1.7GHz / 12GB RAM / Avast One 23 Essential

Avast の設定について解説しています。よろしければご覧ください。