Author Topic: malware  (Read 2536 times)

moparman

malware
« on: July 08, 2012, 06:32:53 PM »
 ??? should i be running a malware program with avast  antivirus an zonealarm firewall or not? right now i'm running all 3 an i noticed the malware program blocks out going connections.( MALWAREBYTES/ ANTI-MALWARE

moparman

Re: malware
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2012, 06:36:13 PM »
Also does AVAST PRO internet security do the same thing as MALWAREBYTES,can i just get the avast pro an have malware protection too?

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2012, 06:53:58 PM »
You have malware protection in all versions of avast and it is also quite capable of looking after your system on its own but malwarebytes does provide an extra layer of security and runs well alongside avast.

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2012, 07:04:28 PM »
If you have avast as your residential av solution, consider running both MBAM and SAS non-residential alongside. Apart from some tracking cookies to know SAS is running in the background I haven't seen much detected, but I kept it there for all eventualities,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline Kiwiman

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 10:54:18 PM »
If malware is blocked by the free version, why is it that when using a trial version of one of the many PC scan programs, the program came up with a long list of activeX files which were listed as malware? A check of many names showed these to be listed as malware/hijacking. The program "locked" the files for me. Q: Why were these activeX files left unlocked by Avast? Anything else I need to know?