Author Topic: Long boot up time-Culprit-Avast  (Read 2785 times)

MidhunCN

Long boot up time-Culprit-Avast
« on: October 29, 2012, 11:19:13 AM »
Ive been experiencing some very bad boot up times lately. and to find out whats causing the delay i installed this program called "king soft PC doctor" which monitors my system boot up time and i found the culprit which is none other than "avast real time sheild" which takes a whooping 33 secs :o to start which is like 40% of the time taken to boot up, and its very annoying because i normally don't keep my laptop in sleep mode and. I've grown fond of Avast and dont want to switch to another antivirus program, is there any way to fix this? :'(

My avast antivirus is updated to the latest version. and my specs are

Laptop dv6-6017tx, i7 2.0ghz sandy bridge, 4gb ram, 500gb HDD

I have attached a screenshot for further reference.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Long boot up time-Culprit-Avast
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2012, 09:44:11 PM »
Are you using Kingsoft PC Doctor full or the lite version?  If you are using the full version http://www.majorgeeks.com/Kingsoft_PC_Doctor_d7112.html it includes an antivirus component, and may actually add to the problems you are experiencing.  Of course, it will report the other AV (in this case, Avast) as the problem.  The problems you were experiencing before adding Kingsoft into the mix may well be masked.  Running two active AVs at once is never a good idea.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Aventador

« Reply #2 on: October 29, 2012, 09:48:32 PM »
Do you honestly believe that? Every antivirus slows your overall bootup. Programs like that are nothing but snake oil.

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2012, 09:57:14 PM »
Do you honestly believe that? Every antivirus slows your overall bootup. Programs like that are nothing but snake oil.

I believe what I posted. ;D
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

MidhunCN

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2012, 08:02:40 PM »
Are you using Kingsoft PC Doctor full or the lite version?  If you are using the full version http://www.majorgeeks.com/Kingsoft_PC_Doctor_d7112.html it includes an antivirus component, and may actually add to the problems you are experiencing.  Of course, it will report the other AV (in this case, Avast) as the problem.  The problems you were experiencing before adding Kingsoft into the mix may well be masked.  Running two active AVs at once is never a good idea.

Thanks for the reply. i think i'm using the full version. i'll install the LITE version today and post the results.