Author Topic: Now you see it, now you don't!  (Read 2408 times)

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
Now you see it, now you don't!
« on: November 04, 2012, 04:41:57 PM »
The avast a icon on the task bar on my phone is appearing and disappearing every 3 to 4 seconds. I have no idea what the problem is but it's different for sure.
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
Re: Now you see it, now you don't!
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2012, 09:30:52 AM »
Hi,

did you install some battery saving/task managing apps lately? It seems that either AMS went crazy (due to a bug maybe) or something is desperately trying to kill AMS and AMS is fighting back.

Filip

Offline patrice58

• Advanced Poster
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 11:13:55 PM »
Right I have no idea as when I went to sleep it was fine. I did not install any task killers or anything like that but when I woke up the flashing started (it was happening before I woke up) I was like hmmm ok I tried to open avast but of course because it is only there for a second or so before it goes that was no use. The only thing that would stop the flashing was to force close avast. Then restarting avast by clicking on the avast icon in the apps list the flashing would return. Restarting the phone and even a full power down did not stop the flashing so I uninstalled avast and reinstalled it. Problem fixed. Weird tho
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:17:37 PM by patrice58 »
Vista Home Premium 32 bit (user account) CISC 4.1.150349.920 + CAV (On Access) + Sandbox,V-Engine 2.7.0.37, SpywareBlaster 4.3, SAS (free), a-squared (free) MBAM (free) Finjan Secure Browsing, Windows Defender (scanner only), Zemana AntiLogger 1.9.2.206,

Offline Filip Havlicek

• Avast team
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2012, 10:51:37 AM »
"Too bad" you reinstalled and the problem is fixed, can't get any logs now ;)

Filip