Author Topic: Need help please with Sandbox - Browser Protection!  (Read 2727 times)

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
Need help please with Sandbox - Browser Protection!
« on: October 30, 2012, 04:27:39 PM »
Hi,

I'm back, still have unresolved issues with AIS!  See http://forum.avast.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=vpq38e64tc6qqars3cv87rld87&topic=106530.0.  Safe browsing now works fine since last reinstall so that's good!  My problem now is trying to run my browsers sandboxed.  They ran for 2 days sandboxed before it stopped.  See attached screenshots for the message I got in Firefox, in Explorer I get a blank page that is trying to connect with my homepage but never does.  So it doesn't work in Explorer either.  I still can't run the firewall as my browsers don't connect.  Webrep is greyed out in Firefox but I understand that is a glitch that will be fixed in Firefox 16.0.2.

Thanking you in advance for any help you can offer me!! 

Cheers,
Janice
I love this forum, with all its extremely knowledgeable personnel!

Offline Gopher John

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Need help please with Sandbox - Browser Protection!
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2012, 09:46:21 PM »
Webrep is greyed out in Firefox but I understand that is a glitch that will be fixed in Firefox 16.0.2.
Cheers,
Janice

WebRep doesn't work in Firefox 16.0.2 yet, but will be fixed in the next release of Avast.
AMD A6-5350M APU with Radeon HD Graphics, 8.0GB RAM, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE11
i7-3610QM 2.3GHZ, 8.0GB Ram,  Nvidia GeForce GT 630M 2GB, Win7 Pro SP1 64bit, IE 11
Common to both: Avast Premium Security 19.7.2388, WinPatrol Plus, SpywareBlaster 5.5, Opera 12.18, Firefox 68.0.2, MBam Free, CCleaner

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2012, 10:30:46 PM »
Thanks, I did see that it will be fixed.  Glad it will be fixed in the next release of Avast.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2012, 07:59:00 PM »
I see I'm not going to get any help with this, but can anyone at least give me some suggestions of what I should be doing or in the direction I should be looking to resolve this issue.  Any ideas anyone???

Cheers,
Janice