Author Topic: Uninstalling Avast  (Read 21381 times)

rutabaga

Uninstalling Avast
« on: November 03, 2012, 09:26:01 PM »
So not realizing that there was an option in a drop down menu to uninstall avast (the free one), I went and deleted the program file out of applications, emptied the trash, then tried to delete a folder I found in application support.  Well, when I try and empty the trash it won't let me, saying files are in use.

Further googling showed me that I should have done something with unchecking persistence or something?  Except I can't seem to find it since I no longer have the avast program out of the applications folder.

So my question is, how do I get rid of this stuff?  Do I have to reinstall avast and then uninstall it?

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

mustang64

Re: Uninstalling Avast
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2012, 01:03:59 AM »
Hi There,
By all means, you have it right!  Install Avast again, get the updates...etc.. then go to the top left, etc, etc, and get rid of it.  I don't know why however?? Works great and it's free, don't even think about Norton!!!
~verne~