Author Topic: 7.0.1474 Upgrade: Web Shield OFF  (Read 51730 times)

Offline wizzlbang

Re: 7.0.1474 Upgrade: Web Shield OFF
« Reply #30 on: November 02, 2012, 06:47:31 AM »
thekochs fix didn't work for me at first, I tried it again and it did. The thing that worries me though is that it was working just fine after The update, it wasn't until just now it decided to pull this, which leads me to believe it could happen again if the issue isn't found and fixed soon.

postpaleo

« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 07:46:15 AM »
Sounds like behavior I was seeing after the uninstall/reinstall stuff that didn't really work. I would work, then would partial work, the fully wouldn't work and...well I didn't want to track ti any further to see if there was a pateran...this has not failed yet and I did it for a while. However, keep us informed, please.

m1mi.dan0s

« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 07:47:37 AM »
The re-install (uninstall and install) of web shield didn't work for me.

Hopefully Avast can resolve this soon.

postpaleo

« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 07:51:08 AM »
Right, it did not, use "thekochs" method.

I am guessing more then a couple of these other problem posts are dealing with what I saw happen in the process of trying other things, as well as just noticing the "problem" in various stages for the first time.

Try the above, for now.  Just do it as he says, even if you don't think it is the current issue.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 08:03:09 AM by postpaleo »

Offline chatz

« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 11:53:36 AM »
Hopefully Avast can resolve this soon

Offline sggaunt

« Reply #35 on: November 02, 2012, 12:09:10 PM »
I had the same problem, no web shield.
Also i was in the last 7 days before re-registration, attempting to do the registration just hung the interface.
Removing web shield and putting back didn't fix it.
The only thing that has working is a complete uninstall with aswclear, and a full re-install.

villasg

« Reply #36 on: November 02, 2012, 12:32:10 PM »
Hello .
I had the same prob in IS .
My system running in windows 8 x64 .

Yesterday i try repair ( from add/remove prog in control panel ) but not work.
After i unistall IS and install again .
Problem fixed .
Today open again my pc and had the same problem .
Until this update never have any problem

Any help please ?

« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 12:35:32 PM by villasg »

steve.b

« Reply #37 on: November 02, 2012, 01:57:13 PM »
Same problem here. I done a clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate. Within 24 hours the real time sheild was not active. No response from the fix it now button, or by enabling the sheild. Resorted to a complete reinstall of Avast. That fixed it for 36 hours. Turned machine on this morning to find that the real time sheild was once again turned off, and again, no luck at all at turning it back on. This time i will try the method mentioned earlier - the change option in windows control panel. If not, another reinstall will be performed (second within 2 days!).

Problem is, this is not one of my machines, it belongs to someone that is not that good with computers, so i am worried this is going to occur again within a few days. The owner is not going to be too happy to find a problem like this so soon after getting his machine back from me.

Any thoughts or input from an Avast member? Are you guys working on a fix for this seemingly common issue? Do you acknowledge it is a problem?

renegade87su

« Reply #38 on: November 02, 2012, 02:10:53 PM »
I had same issue on windows 7 ,i tried all other solutions.But after reboot issue was here again so i stopped windows defender and started it again andnow it is working fine. DETAILS : go to Control Panel ->System and  security -> Administrative tools click on SERVICES ,find WINDOWS DEFENDER and Stop the service and start it

Offline chatz

« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2012, 02:39:57 PM »
I had same issue on windows 7 ,i tried all other solutions.But after reboot issue was here again so i stopped windows defender and started it again andnow it is working fine. DETAILS : go to Control Panel ->System and  security -> Administrative tools click on SERVICES ,find WINDOWS DEFENDER and Stop the service and start it

Thanks for post.

My windows Defender has been set to manual for many years, yet still had the Web shield problems.

digitalclickx

« Reply #40 on: November 02, 2012, 02:48:58 PM »
Also the same problem here. Not happy at all.

kd5

« Reply #41 on: November 02, 2012, 02:53:06 PM »
Happened to me on a computer I'm working on (Windows 7 64-bit), uninstalling/reinstalling the Web Shield resolved the issue, but how many people using Avast! will know to come here to find the solution (not many)?  I hope this issue is addressed quickly.       -kd5-

renegade87su

« Reply #42 on: November 02, 2012, 02:58:21 PM »
This is very unusual,I added avast to firewall lists and you should all so try to add avast on win Defender exclusion list, and win defender to avast exclusion list

keeno

« Reply #43 on: November 02, 2012, 03:12:03 PM »
I've currently got this problem on my laptop, I'm running Windows 7 64 bit. I've sent two messages to Avast support, first got flagged as solved (even though I'd had absolutely no response from them) and the second is still open and unresolved 3 hours later, with still no response from support at all.

I've done an uninstall and reinstall, I've run CCCleaner and I don't have Windows Defender running - STILL no web shield activated!!

Are you attempting to find a solution to this Avast??!!!

user_1000

« Reply #44 on: November 02, 2012, 03:14:48 PM »
Interesting. I also have this problem now. This problem started just a few minutes ago after a virus database update (121101-1) and reboot.

I'm using Avast Free 7.0.1466 (old version, I know) with Windows 7 SP1 x64.