Author Topic: US Presidential Election survey???  (Read 32794 times)

mancillaj

Re: US Presidential Election survey???
« Reply #30 on: November 04, 2012, 11:41:02 PM »
I have no problem with a little fun asking about who we voted for for president. If I felt it was no ones business, I wouldn't have to fill out the survey. I feel it is just like when the people stand outside the polling place and ask who you voted for. You don't have to answer then and you don't have to answer here.
Isn't it great to be in a country that we can make those decisions on our own.
I too wish I could have see the results, I do look forward to them though.

This little survey at the beginning of the post makes no sense. They are all negative responses.

Yes - AVAST has no business querying my potential vote!
 Yes - my vote is private!
 Don't know - if I care?
 Not sure - if I care?
 AVAST has no business querying my vote!
 AVAST has overstepped their bounds.  NONE OF THEIR BUSINESS!

Offline Davisgloff

« Reply #31 on: November 05, 2012, 03:33:32 PM »
very simple to ignore.. for goodness sake.. just relax.
There's nothing mandatory about it, nor should there be.
I can't find the results.. just curious..

erbrecht

« Reply #32 on: November 05, 2012, 04:36:47 PM »
I suppose, Alsamont, your gas company then has the right to ask your views on what to feed the pet elephant, the electric company has the right to ask what roofing seems best for the grass hut ... oh yeah, the newspaper folks can come around to your house and ...   

Yes, frankly, they do have the right to ask any of those questions.  They can't require that you answer them in order to continue service, but they can certainly ask.

And they don't have to ask about every election in every country "just to be fair."  It's totally their prerogative to put up an opt-in survey about one specific election in one specific country.  You are blowing this way out of proportion.

mancillaj, I also noticed that all the answers were negative.  Strange poll, and [sarcasm]I'm offended that someone asked me those questions.  It's no one's business but mine how I felt about that survey.[/sarcasm]

I'm also looking for the results, but it's early in the day yet, at least where I am.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 04:39:39 PM by erbrecht »

norel

« Reply #33 on: November 05, 2012, 06:20:34 PM »
The issue isn't whether or not they have the right, they have the right to do whatever they want. I guess I just don't understand why Alwil would spend their time dreaming up new ways to nag end users when they could be concentrating on improving their product. I've been losing confidence in Avast for awhile, and now this is it, I'm out. Free or not, Avast just isn't worth it anymore.

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
Hi norel, I write just to assure you that no developer time has been allotted to this survey, as far as I know.  We are still working on new versions and hunting bugs, don't worry. Guys from other teams might wonder if you'll be amused by this kind of survey or perhaps what kind of activities to bring to facebook or similar places, but these are not the same people.

Bye,
Lukas.

ManyQs

« Reply #35 on: November 06, 2012, 01:42:08 AM »
Thank you, erbrecht, for highlighting a key point of my post -- relevancy.

The United States presidential election has what to do with Internet security?  Please enlighten me. 

Just like the pet elephant and the gas company.  Especially like the electric lights and a grass hut.

What I see is a company renting out a popup which we normally pay attention to because some clever ad fella/gal realized our attention is focused on that popup at least once a day.  Quite clever that fella or gal.  But that's Google style BE and it is one more indication that this company is growing branches which are weird.

Sure, they have a right to rent out that space to another company and make money.  But we, as customers, have a right to complain and/or question that.  Don't we?

Yep, market googlization. 

Remember the lesson of the rip in the sheet?  Ask your self what might be next? If you are brave enough.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #36 on: November 06, 2012, 07:14:46 AM »
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline midnight

• Massive Poster
  • Never Be Rude
« Reply #37 on: November 08, 2012, 01:10:47 AM »
Just popped up along with my virus definitions update.  I'm sure most Avast users also got this.  Whoops!  Sorry!  Didn't pay any attention to the post above mine until I after I posted.  :-[   Since my post shows exactly what Asyn's does will delete mine.

« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:29:08 AM by -midnight »

DBone

« Reply #38 on: November 08, 2012, 01:40:41 AM »
If avast! keeps up this kind of stuff, sooner or later, it will quarantine itself as a PUP/Adware.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 01:48:29 AM by DBone »

Offline Coolmario88

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Bronies make the web go round
« Reply #39 on: November 08, 2012, 01:59:21 AM »
So wait some people are getting mad cause avast had a little thing asking if they would vote in a survey thing? So you are mad because you clicked the survey thing? You could have just clicked the "x" and ignored it people. :-\
Webbrowser: Mozilla Firefox
PC Specs: Intel i5-12400f, Nvidia RTX 3050, 16gb ram, 1.5TB SSD(s).

DBone

« Reply #40 on: November 08, 2012, 02:19:43 AM »
It's just the point, not the effort required to bypass it. Give a rat a cookie, he's going to want a glass of milk.

Kilia

« Reply #41 on: November 08, 2012, 07:39:51 AM »
As my late hubby would say:
"Ain't no deal guys....simmer down."

georgermct

« Reply #42 on: November 08, 2012, 01:33:57 PM »
(brought here from another forum)
Avast is totally a joke and they are shoving it right in every one's face.
They don't want to be taken seriously (obviously).
Avast is no longer is on my computer ever since it let a virus get through.
I now gladly give my money to a top antivirus company, that works and is SERIOUS about protecting my computer.

Kilia

« Reply #43 on: November 08, 2012, 04:17:45 PM »
(snip)
I now gladly give my money to a top antivirus company, that works and is SERIOUS about protecting my computer.
...and what antivirus company would that be now?

georgermct

« Reply #44 on: November 08, 2012, 04:31:32 PM »
(snip)
...and what antivirus company would that be now?

Well I didn't want to mention names but since you asked, Kaspersky.