Author Topic: FIREWALL  (Read 1815 times)

moparman

FIREWALL
« on: November 02, 2012, 02:57:57 AM »
i had a problem with my dell xps 420 32bit vista,i had avast free in it an zone alarm firewall,it ran fine until i updated avast program it would boot up then i would log in an it would go to a black screen with the pointer an that was it,it took me awhile an i uninstalled zone alarm reinstalled avast now it's fine hope this helps somebody ;)

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: FIREWALL
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 09:18:26 PM »
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline schmidthouse

• VIRUS FREE A Long Time
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • When you think you know, Think Again
Re: FIREWALL
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 11:26:46 PM »
i had a problem with my dell xps 420 32bit vista,i had avast free in it an zone alarm firewall,it ran fine until i updated avast program it would boot up then i would log in an it would go to a black screen with the pointer an that was it,it took me awhile an i uninstalled zone alarm reinstalled avast now it's fine hope this helps somebody ;)

Hi moparman. If you care too, you could use the forum 'search' function to review info about Zone Alarm/conflicts and possible solutions as there has been plenty of posts regarding Zone Alarm and Avast. :)