Author Topic: avast blocking piriform forum  (Read 16274 times)

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: avast blocking piriform forum
« Reply #31 on: November 02, 2012, 09:01:56 PM »
In general I assume all avast blocks are false positives

It is correct detection...every scanner confirms it..its not a FP... avast just saved your ass!!  ;D
You can believe that, but I am not convinced.

:o ::)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 09:05:53 PM »
yeah.....most likely a Halloween trick    ;D

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 10:26:46 PM »
@JohnnyBob,

Why can posters here not belief that there are loads and loads of websites of which those that have to concern themselves with website security or server security of that particular website, have zero knowledge or too little of these issues. If they knew what they were doing we did not have issues with sites that are being attacked, hacked, injected, malvertised, misconfigured, laden with malcious iFrames, Java and javascript malcode etc. every minute of the day. Sites are  open to vulnerabilities because website software has not been updated, servers are given away full version numbers, hackable php and perl as low hanging fruit for malcreants on automation and what more.
Seen from the range of infested or suspicious or vulnerable websites I have seen and analyzed through scanning over some couple of years at the virus and worms section, I feel oblidged  to look good and hard before I declare a website all clean and secure, and I am not fearmongering here or spreading fud, this is the sorry state of overall website security, alas these are the facts and a threatening situation for visitors of many websites....

polonus
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:28:26 PM by polonus »
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline !Donovan

• Web Analyst
  • Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
    • The WAR Against Malware
« Reply #34 on: November 02, 2012, 10:48:57 PM »
In general I assume all avast blocks are false positives

It is correct detection...every scanner confirms it..its not a FP... avast just saved your ass!!  ;D
You can believe that, but I am not convinced.
If you think every avast! block is a false positive then you should not be using it. I do not tolerate those who do not take for granted what they have. Some people do not have avast! and they would've got infected. You should be lucky that you've this antivirus.

~!Donovan
Familiarize Yourself! | Educate Yourself! | Beautify Yourself! | Scan Yourself!
"People who say it cannot be done should not interrupt those who are doing it."