Author Topic: Avast Free service says it starts in Services, but it won't start.  (Read 3914 times)

CamiKitti

Avast in the Services says it's running and it started, but Avast itself shows that it won't start.
The only other antivirus running besides Avast is MBAM Pro. They both have run at the same time with no problems before, so I'm not sure what's wrong this time. Is it because I set Windows Search to Automatic (Delayed) (it kept hanging on startup)?
I attached a picture so you could understand what I'm trying to say.

Any help? Do I need to reinstall?
(Excuse the weird editing, haha)

EDIT: Someone delete this, I just repaired and updated it, it's working now. If only I could fix this black screen delay with an active mouse (after the Welcome Screen) for a seconds before the desktop screen loads.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 02:38:27 AM by CamiKitti »

Aventador

Re: Avast Free service says it starts in Services, but it won't start.
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2012, 02:37:40 AM »
Same thing happened to me but I am not using MBAM Pro. A few reboots and it was fixed.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2012, 01:09:38 PM »
@ CamiKitti

The topics generally remain open, you can use the Modify button in your first post and add [Resolved] to the Subject.

It will drop down the list in due course, but could help someone (with the same problem) using the forum search function.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

CamiKitti

« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 02:14:26 AM »
Nevermind, it's happening again! The service started, Avast itself won't start. Could it be because I have MBAM Pro and the two programs aren't able to work together because of the real-time protection? :( I used to have the free version, and it worked... :(
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:07:59 AM by CamiKitti »

Aventador

« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 03:40:48 AM »
You need to exclude MBAM from and Avast and visa versa. Follow this guide.

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=86751

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 03:58:23 AM »
This is the link to the exclusions thread http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=10138

Also remember to add the extras to the avast behaviour shield for Free, Pro, AIS -( mbamservice.exe, mbamscheduler.exe, mbamgui.exe, mbam.exe )

CamiKitti

« Reply #6 on: November 03, 2012, 04:31:27 AM »
Ok thank you!