Author Topic: BOY IT HURTS TO POST THIS  (Read 7915 times)

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: BOY IT HURTS TO POST THIS
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2012, 05:03:59 PM »
Since changing to Avast I don't find it to be bloated, and appreciate the extra features over what Avira has.

:) 8)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

mrjohncougar

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2012, 05:26:45 PM »
Ok I really thank you guys. I'm posting my task manager with google chrome and firefox running and you will see that  Avastsvc is at  75mgs and Avastui isis at 5.9mgs? I don't know what the problem is? I decided to try and keep it after it blocked a bad web site. I ran all kinds of scans for anything and ended up running comondo cleaner and when i rebooted got the BSOD. I'm not infected but every thing on my computer runs high. I Love the fact the you guys kept the topic alive. I'm going to post another shot of the task manager  all the shields shut off. Boy i'm thrilled that you guys and ladies would try and help me. I am ill, can't work, no  income, no friends, so this means alot.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:29:01 PM by mrjohncougar »

mrjohncougar

« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2012, 05:32:14 PM »
Take a look at the bottom task manager that's what i'm dealing with. I have never been able to find out what the problem is.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2012, 05:52:52 PM »
Well if you look at your second image the CPU usage is 58%, yet the avastSvc.exe is only using 6% so it appears to be scanning something (what is the $64,000 question) now whilst it is scanning it will also be using memory, but that should fall back to more normal levels.

Are you able to find what other applications are using the bulk of the 58% CPU as when applications are active, this will be triggering a resident on-access AV like avast to scan that content, with a resultant increase in resource use. Your second image actually show the avast tray icon in mid rotation, indicating it is scanning.

Strange that your first image shows that avast has a problem, the Red blob with an X over the avast tray icon. This is effectively saying that avast isn't running ?
Given that you appear to have had a slew of other AVs installed, this could be down to other AVs still installed or remnants remaining. It could also result in high/higher RAM & CPU usage.

How did you remove avira on your system ?
Your dds.txt files shows avira in program files c:\program files\ARIVA FREE VERSION 12; c:\program files\ARIVA FREE 2013.  It also shows EMSISOFT TRIAL 7.0 in program files. All previous AVs installed have to be uninstalled and I would go further and run their specific removal tools after the uninstall, see #### below.

I also see c:\program files\NEWER MICROSOFT SECURITY, not sure what this is, MSE perhaps ?

####
Uninstall possible remnants of previously installed AVs see, http://singularlabs.com/uninstallers/security-software/, this has a collection of manufactures removal tools, so that should remove any remnants, registry, etc.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 05:54:40 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Dch48

« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2012, 06:06:41 PM »
This may not be a problem but I can't understand why the text file you posted spells Avira as Ariva and Comodo as Comondo. Could that indicate another problem somewhere? Possibly malware related?

mrjohncougar

« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2012, 06:14:21 PM »
I removed ariva from the safe mode after unchecking all check marks with revo pro and then used the ariva registry cleaner. The uninsttall went fine and the avast install went fine. I  think you see portable scanners.I  got hit with a drive by last year and thought i had everything to go to battle.  I didn't, the virus won i lost so i have on a usbabout fifteen programs none installed that are portable usb i can run from If my desk top software doesn't stop the infection. i must have left one in program files. Aout the first image I wanted people to see what avast uses when i shut off all the shields so that's why the red x. That;s how much it uses if i'm on the web and shut off all shields. Sorry for my here and there speak, i have wicked ADD and Isometimes confuse people. Nothing on my desktop uses high resources, but when i run a scan with anything malwarebytes or superantispyware they use more resouces tha they should. I just don't know. below is the task manger with everything off.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 06:17:58 PM by mrjohncougar »

Offline MikeBCda

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2012, 07:28:43 PM »
From one more XP user (home, SP3) ...
My system's pretty antique too, as you can see from my sig (about 9 years old now).  I just took a look at my own Process Explorer ... while online and with Firefox open to this page, but otherwise essentially inactive, CPU "idle" is in the high 90's, and under "working set" (which might be the wrong column to be looking at for memory usage, admittedly, please re-direct me if appropriate) Avast service is showing at around 1200K and the UI at 2100-2200 for a total of not much over 3 MB.

Oh, and a note to whichever previous poster referred to "Mb" as megabytes.  Maybe it's not a universal notation standard, but I'm accustomed to lower-case "b" as referring to bits and upper-case to bytes, and of course there's a teensy bit of difference between them.
Intel Atom D2700, 2 gig RAM, Win 7 x64 SP1 & IE-11, Firefox 51.0
(default). 320 gig HD, 15Mb DSL, Win firewall, Avast 12.3.2280 free, SpywareBlaster, MBAM Prem., Crypto-Prevent