Author Topic: [READ FIRST] Regarding Windows 8 BSOD Topics In Avast 7!  (Read 146314 times)

Offline AlphaZab

• bali!
Re: [READ FIRST] Regarding Windows 8 BSOD Topics!
« Reply #45 on: November 07, 2012, 03:05:14 AM »

cupu

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #46 on: November 07, 2012, 04:36:57 AM »

puturaya I believe you have been instructed previously to install the patch, why not do so and put an end to your BSOD and the stupid replies ::)

Offline SugarD-x

• Proud Avast! User
    • Clan Xperience
« Reply #47 on: November 07, 2012, 05:24:45 AM »

Please re-read the first post of this topic and I'm fairly certain it will resolve your issue.
~SugarD-x~

Offline AlphaZab

• bali!
« Reply #48 on: November 07, 2012, 09:21:27 AM »
Intel Core i7 2630QM 16GB RAM , Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB ,Win8 Pro 64, IE10 , Malwarebytes Pro 1.65 , Outpost Firewall Pro 7.6

where its avast ?
cupu

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #49 on: November 07, 2012, 09:27:26 AM »
Intel Core i7 2630QM 16GB RAM , Nvidia GeForce GTX 560M 3GB ,Win8 Pro 64, IE10 , Malwarebytes Pro 1.65 , Outpost Firewall Pro 7.6

where its avast ?
On my computer ;D and whats that got to do with you applying the patch and fixing your problem ::)

Offline AlphaZab

• bali!
« Reply #50 on: November 07, 2012, 10:21:46 AM »
until when avast bsod fix this ?
cupu

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #51 on: November 07, 2012, 10:25:10 AM »
until when avast bsod fix this ?

We already told you to apply the patch..!!
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Tonanet

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #52 on: November 07, 2012, 10:52:35 AM »
Hello, I installed the patch about 30 minutes ago. No more BSOD on windows 8 :)

Thanks AVAST !

With the older driver, I easily got 3 BSODS during this time...

Puturaya20, the time you spent doing that image full of criticism and not helping to any solution, you could had used to apply the patch and finish the reason that makes you came here complain.

Thanks all!

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2012, 11:15:18 AM »
Hi Puturaya20,
in case you don't feel like you would be able to update the driver yourself (which is perfectly ok, don't be ashamed), just turn off Network Shield until this will be solved differently.

Thanks,
Lukas.

Edit: Bhakakhan, if your are still with us, please do the same, turn of Network Shield for a while. The crashes will stop. Thanks and sorry. It was really a fault in our driver, I fully understand your are not happy! It got several people here awake for several days until the solution was found, we've released an update, fixing some of the problems, the rest took as a few days more. Not happy here either, so sorry again.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 11:23:08 AM by lukor »

Sepil

« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2012, 12:45:33 PM »
First BSOD after applying the patch yesteday and again just after sleep state wakeup.

Offline MaxLV

« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2012, 01:25:24 PM »
To all those NOT having issues with BSODS under Windows 8, do you have KB2756872 installed?

Just curious, because the original BSOD issue was caused by a new ndis.sys that came with that update (I reported it starting back with build 1468). This ndis.sys issue is fixed, but this new BSOD has been introduced since. I ask, because it is a means of elimination.

Yes, installed KB2756872 on 27/10/2012, one day after upgrading from Windows 7 to windows 8 Pro.

The only problem is the Web Rep issue. It is not working on one computer with google chrome, works fine with IE10.

On another two computers, upgraded to Windows 8 Pro at the same time and KB2756872 was installed on these computers one day later, there are no issues at all with Avast Internet Security, even Web Rep is working on these two computers with Chrome and IE10.

Bhakakhan

« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2012, 01:35:52 PM »
Edit: Bhakakhan, if your are still with us, please do the same, turn of Network Shield for a while. The crashes will stop. Thanks and sorry. It was really a fault in our driver, I fully understand your are not happy! It got several people here awake for several days until the solution was found, we've released an update, fixing some of the problems, the rest took as a few days more. Not happy here either, so sorry again.

Thanks for your efforts lukor - what you wrote is exactly what i wanted to hear - it is what is needed to keep the trust in your company - or regain it -if you whish-....

Posts from "überevangelist" or "ultraposter" is not what a totally frustrated user wants to read after days of knocked out system - it leads to disencouragement and trust-loss - it is all else, but not customer friendly

I work for a famous ISP (one and one) - i the case of such extreme bugs, we use a BugTracker in which we track all affected users with email-adress - we keep'em up to date - we try to give'em a feeling, that they are not alone - that we care about them - also: this List is useful to get an idea of how much users are affected, which is good information for our tech-teams - looking around here i don't see, that you really try to terminate that bug in an offense way - to me it seems that you cook your soup in the backroom, letting power users eat people like me for breakfast.

My feeling is, that it is important to stay in close touch with customers - until your post i haven't got even a trace of this feeling - which is a good reason to go to another security software - which is -honestly spoken- not really what i wanted to do...

Next:
May i say, that it is time to change the description of avast 7 ( ;) hello puturaya20, i'm with you.. :) ) - don't you think it is time to go offensive and tell everybody, that there are still problems to be expected with Win8, Win7, Google Chrome etc..? Other companies do this, and its not for their disadvantage...

Just think about, what happens, if the press is publishing this bug here all around - or if frustrated customers are reporting this to microsoft. Such a thing is very destructive to the reputation of a company like yours - so why not telling the truth, before the press is doing it?

Last thing:
No sorry to -you know who i mean-

Offline lukor

• Administrator
  • Super Poster
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2012, 01:38:40 PM »
First BSOD after applying the patch yesteday and again just after sleep state wakeup.

Sepil, could you please upload the dump or at least minidump? Thanks a lot.

Sepil

« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2012, 03:59:58 PM »
Minidump Sepil-0712-10593-01.dmp should be there. I do not have any pagefile, so no memory.dmp.

fardeen

« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2012, 04:18:22 PM »
sadly i got my first bluescreen after patch since yesterday. netio.sys. i may be forced to uninstall avast until a new version comes out

here is my mimidump
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20179993/110712-22078-01.dmp