Author Topic: Help please!  (Read 76142 times)

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
Re: Help please!
« Reply #180 on: January 10, 2013, 05:20:31 PM »
Nope not there or anywhere!  I search for the file or folder (winkey & f) and get nada!  I have no idea if it is in fact working and just deleting the crap or if its doing nothing.  This just started since I wiped the computer clean.

Cheers,
Janice
I love this forum, with all its extremely knowledgeable personnel!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #181 on: January 10, 2013, 07:23:11 PM »
Hmm weird I will see if the author can answer that one  ;D

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #182 on: January 11, 2013, 01:13:03 AM »
It is wierd, no doubt about it.  Hopefully you can come up with an answer to this issue.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #183 on: January 12, 2013, 07:16:15 PM »
So I have now come to the conclusion that the Avast firewall and my ISP don't like each other, lol!  When I first installed AIS on my laptop it worked for awhile but all of a sudden I could no longer browse the net but was definitely connected to the net.  At first I thought it was my router but then I realized this was the same problem I had with my pc.  I uninstalled AIS and reinstalled without the firewall and voila all is as it should be.  I guess the problem lies somewhere in the settings of the firewall but at this point I am happy to run it without the firewall rather than trying to nail down the offending setting.  I may try playing with it when I get some time to devote to it.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #184 on: January 12, 2013, 09:46:21 PM »
Hey if anybody has any suggestions about the firewall settings or what I should be looking at I'd greatly appreciate it!
Thanks

Cheers,
Janice

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #185 on: January 12, 2013, 11:08:45 PM »
Unfortunately I have uninstalled AIS from my system at the moment and will probably not have it back for a few weeks as I am trialling another programme

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #186 on: January 14, 2013, 01:56:55 AM »
Bummer!  Maybe someone else can offer up a suggestion of what I can do to resolve this issue or perhaps I'll still be waiting when you have finished your trial?

Cheers,
Janice

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #187 on: January 20, 2013, 12:31:48 AM »
Any answer on adwcleaner yet?  I still don't get a log on reboot so don't know what it is doing.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #188 on: January 20, 2013, 12:57:04 AM »
Any answer on adwcleaner yet?  I still don't get a log on reboot so don't know what it is doing.

Cheers,
Janice
do you get one of you click search?

if you have run adwcleaner, and clicked delete there will not be much in that log

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #189 on: January 20, 2013, 03:06:08 AM »
No its definitely not there & it has always been my experience that a log is generated.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 03:08:30 AM by nanajana »

Offline essexboy

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #190 on: January 20, 2013, 12:38:23 PM »
The log should be on the C drive

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #191 on: January 20, 2013, 05:40:47 PM »
There is no log generated on my c drive.  I have searched for it to no avail.  I ran adwcleaner  on my laptop, log came up with registry clean so a log is generated upon reboot even if there are no bad toolbars, except on my PC.  Arrrgh, my PC is where the bad toolbars would be but I do check my installed programs to make sure I recognize the programs on my computer.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #192 on: January 20, 2013, 05:55:53 PM »
There is no log generated on my c drive.  I have searched for it to no avail.  I ran adwcleaner  on my laptop, log came up with registry clean so a log is generated upon reboot even if there are no bad toolbars, except on my PC.  Arrrgh, my PC is where the bad toolbars would be but I do check my installed programs to make sure I recognize the programs on my computer.

Cheers,
Janice
When search is run, are you doing a general search with *.txt or *.log format?  Also modify the search parameter from Drive C: to My Computer and include hidden and system files.  You will come up with hundreds of these in each category, so sort by date from most recent to oldest.  See if that works for you.  If good, then open the file directly from the search box and save a copy to your desktop and go from there.
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline nanajana

• Health is Wealth
« Reply #193 on: January 21, 2013, 07:17:40 PM »
Well I have searched my computer, unhide files and cannot find it but not with changing the parameters.  I'm not sure how to change search parameters in Windows 8.  I have searched both txt & log format still nothing.

Cheers,
Janice

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #194 on: January 21, 2013, 08:44:29 PM »
As I run Windows XP Pro SP3, the attached .jpegs (3) of Search may or may not help.  I believe essexboy is running Win 8, among the many os's he is running, and will answer shortly.

In any case, XP Search is similar.

This may or may not help.   ;D
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801