Author Topic: Resolved: Avast Free lasted version orange ball in taskbar  (Read 8834 times)

Diddy

Resolved: Avast Free lasted version orange ball in taskbar
« on: November 04, 2012, 11:43:32 AM »
HI how is it going today avast.  I was wondering if I could get your help with something.  When I am on a site called grooveshark music site my orange ball in the takbar never quits it just keeps going a around and around during a song but it keeps going around every song what I would like to now is what is avast free lasted version scanning for anyways on grooveshark.com.

some information that be helpful:
Avast free 7.0.1474

All help appreciated have a great day everyone

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 11:05:54 AM by Diddy »

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Other information that could be helpful, if you open the avastUI, Real Time Shields, the Protection status displays a wheel with all shield activity.

Checking that will give an idea of which shield is active (most) and probably the shield at issue, the individual shield icons blink as a scan is made ?

If you hover the mouse pointer over that shield icon it will display what has been scanned. It may be that a single file/location is being constantly scanned ?
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 01:00:56 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Aventador

Go into settings and turn off "animate icon when scanning". Its that easy. Grooveshark is a great site. I listen to it daily.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Go into settings and turn off "animate icon when scanning".

Well, this would stop the spinning, but not the scanning. ;)
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Aventador

Well, this would stop the spinning, but not the scanning. ;)

Duh................. :P

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
The OP's question was about what is being scanned, not how to stop the icon spinning.

Aventador

Obviously its scanning HTTP traffic. The "a" is always spinning when a web page is loading. Since Grooveshark is a streaming music site it clearly explains the constant scanning. You dont download from Grooveshark. You merely search and stream. But if the spinning "a" bothers him he can just turn it off.

http://grooveshark.com/

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
Not necessarily scanning HTTP content, it could be the script shield also, which is why I asked to try and pin down which shield it is and then what is being scanned. So we really need to wait for more feedback from the OP 'Diddy.'

Checking it out and playing the Who's 'Who are you' and it is the script shield as once the page loads there is no web or network shield only the script shield is logging activity. See image which at the time captured just after the start of track 644 scripts scanned to about 4min 30sec the scripts scanned count has risen to 1160. During that time no activity on the web shield.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Aventador

No need to make mountains out of mole hills David. Its a completely legit site. Go there yourself.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
No need to make mountains out of mole hills David. Its a completely legit site. Go there yourself.

Nobody ever said that the site is not legit..!! ???
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks

How do you think I was able to do the screen captures without having gone there.

No one is saying it isn't a legit site.

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
HI how is it going today avast.  I was wondering if I could get your help with something.  When I am on a site called grooveshark music site my orange ball in the takbar never quits it just keeps going a around and around during a song but it keeps going around every song what I would like to now is what is avast free lasted version scanning for anyways on grooveshark.com.

some information that be helpful:
Avast free 7.0.1474

All help appreciated have a great day everyone

Go to Script Shield Expert Settings

Place http://grooveshark.com in the Exclusion.

Avast is just scanning the scripts.

Edit : It doesn't completely stop the script shield but it is reduced if you check the graph.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 05:20:30 PM by Chris Thomas »

Offline Chris Thomas

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
  • Christian Geek - aka 'born again' Geek
Finally got the script scanning to stop  ;D

Add http://grooveshark.com/* to the exclusions  :)

Diddy

HI everyone I took Adventors advice and went into settings and turned off animate icon when scanning and that seems to have done the trick for now. 

Thanks everyone for your advice and help

Aventador

Your welcome. Glad to have helped you.  :D