Author Topic: BSOD aswsnx.sys  (Read 61841 times)

thekochs

Re: BSOD aswsnx.sys
« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2014, 02:52:02 AM »
Well I've disabled the Sandbox, so time will tell. . .
Thanks for your help thekochs.  :D

No problem.....favor to ask......please post back (I assume you will if you have BSOD) but also if you have none.
I think many would like to know the results and if this truly had a positive effect.

Yes, will do.  I've marked it in my calendar to remind me, in a month's time.  When/if it doesn't happen, I might forget!  :o

Good quick summary/post on Hardened Mode: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=142172.msg1032485#msg1032485
« Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 02:54:38 AM by thekochs »

Tricia_TD

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2014, 11:21:01 AM »
Thanks for that thekochs :D .  I've enabled Hardened Mode now.

No BSOD so far :D .

diegs

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2014, 03:20:49 AM »
Hi, I have the similar problem, but my version of avast is free and don´t have the Sandbox option, in this place have "?". My OS is Win8.1 64b.

thekochs

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2014, 03:27:55 AM »
Hi, I have the similar problem, but my version of avast is free and don´t have the Sandbox option, in this place have "?". My OS is Win8.1 64b.
As far as the "?" that is a good question..........I thought you could uncheck Sandbox in FREE ?.....perhaps Sandbox is not in FREE ?
You say you have "similar" problem....and using FREE.....you are specifically getting BSODs and you are sure they are aswsnx.sys related ? If so, how do you know ?....e.g. dump file you used util to see, etc.

Perhaps one of the Sr. folks will post.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 05:28:52 AM by thekochs »

Tricia_TD

« Reply #34 on: May 06, 2014, 10:09:21 PM »
So it's a month later, and no more BSOD.  Thank you for your help thekochs.   :D

REDACTED

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2014, 05:10:47 PM »
I'm using windows 8.1 64bit and haved bsod caused by driver aswSnx.sys , caused by address aswSnx.sys+37ad .
This is my first bsod on this system.

Offline Dariusz

« Reply #36 on: July 19, 2015, 10:15:07 AM »
I'm getting this BSOD in my latest avast as well !

It actually totally lock down my PC, crashes every program, lag out vred, PS, Vue, 3ds max and other softwares. Makes my life a living hell !

I already was on Hardened mode - Agressive.

Not helping. My PC just lock down and programs crashes. Specially when in the morning I come back to PC and do anyting it goes down badly. Is there another way I can fix the issue?

This problem started to happen ONLY when I installed new GPU, Titan X EVGA SC. Before I was on GTX 680 everything was fine. Also I did reinstall windows etc etc. Any one any help please?!

BSOD :
http://postimg.org/image/esqa8pjkv/
« Last Edit: July 19, 2015, 10:20:25 AM by Dariusz »

Offline LesF

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2015, 02:50:54 AM »
I have had this happen too.  I have freshly re-installed win7-64 after a disk failure.
After all the installs and updates and shuffling about backup files I decided to do a defrag. While this was running there was a BSOD:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: ngvss.sys
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
etc...

and a few hours later, after restarting, another BSOD:

The problem seems to be caused by the following file: aswSnx.sys
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Avast is a fresh re-install with no changes to settings.

Is there a general area to investigate for this?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2015, 02:54:37 AM by LesF »