Author Topic: Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport driver failures  (Read 39363 times)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
Re: Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport driver failures
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2012, 09:39:19 AM »
OK, I found I am not the only one. Yesterday I was unable to find this topic.

http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=109313.0

So, I need to disable avast self defense module in order do not lock out my self?  ???

Two things more - I can confirm TuneIn Radio App problem on Win8 and avast! (stream error), also I get another problem on my Samsung notebook. Samsung has a program called AllShare, and it is used to share content with DLNA devices. My Samsung Blu-Ray player always returns with message "Device Disconnected" over WiFi after some time of playing. I can't confirm if it is related with NDIS problems.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2012, 01:01:02 PM »
I'm affraid to restore the self defense module back... I want to keep my connections :)
The best things in life are free.

Tetsuo

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2012, 02:12:36 PM »
I'm affraid to restore the self defense module back... I want to keep my connections :)

Do you think the issue will come back once restoring self defence? I know you asked Lukor in this thread, but I was wondering if he perhaps replied somewhere else on the forum.

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2012, 03:22:38 PM »

Do you think the issue will come back once restoring self defense? I know you asked Lukor in this thread, but I was wondering if he perhaps replied somewhere else on the forum.

Well, we can understand so far, that it can be related with Self-Defense module specifically. So I am not going to risk with my stable wireless connection too until any confirmations it is solved :D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2012, 06:57:47 PM »
Do you think the issue will come back once restoring self defence? I know you asked Lukor in this thread, but I was wondering if he perhaps replied somewhere else on the forum.
I don't think so. But I don't want to install avast again on Windows 8.

Tetsuo

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »
I don't think so. But I don't want to install avast again on Windows 8.

Ah sorry, I thought (wrongly) that solving the issue did not require a clean install. I just believed that turning  self defence off again was enough.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2012, 09:34:03 PM »
Ah sorry, I thought (wrongly) that solving the issue did not require a clean install. I just believed that turning  self defence off again was enough.
Exactly, repairing the installation (dirty installation) did not work. I need to do a clean one (from scratch).

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2012, 05:09:48 PM »
Two days with avast! self defence off. So far so good - no yellow exclamation marks  ;D

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2012, 10:27:42 PM »
Will you try to turn it on? :)

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #24 on: November 15, 2012, 08:01:03 AM »
Will you try to turn it on? :)

No. At this point I don't want to risk on stability. I think it is the case when I have to choose and stability wins over more secure PC. Yes, self protection is a good feature but it is not vital in this case, so I will wait for some updates regarding this issue and enable it then.

nmossman

« Reply #25 on: November 15, 2012, 08:45:43 PM »
Hi

I have been having the same problems and I have wasted over 4 hours trying various work arounds before discovering this thread which confirmed what I think I had worked out for myself.  I have now managed to get my computer working by turining the Avast Firewall off and uninstalling it (Win 8 64 bit in place upgrade from Win 7).    IMHO Win 8 is pants and I won't be upgrading any more of our computers, however, I am appalled that Avast haven't put a fix out for this - I have the latest version of the software - this is clearly a bug in the product and a nasty one at that.

Is there any indication when a fix might be on the way?

OsideGirl68

« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2012, 11:40:15 PM »
I have Windows 7 and after updating to the new Avast! version on 11/6/12, my laptop got weird and I got that same error message "avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport #219" after a driver was trying to install upon starting my laptop. 

I have no problem connecting to the internet but I cannot seem to connect remotely with my work pc using SonicWALL Global VPN Client. I connect to the server but not to my actul work pc. Never had this problem before.

I have AIS and have paid for the 2-year license.

Please help...

Offline YLAP

• Avast Evangelist
  • Super Poster
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2012, 05:38:33 PM »
A) Try to disable avast self defense module and restart notebook several times, until all avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport entries or unknown devices will be gone from device manager.

B) If this does not helps, uninstall avast, restart, install avast, restart and disable self defense.

A or B should solve avast! Firewall NDIS Filter Miniport problem, if it's related with your problem directly, this workaround should solve it.

trabanom

« Reply #28 on: December 23, 2012, 02:06:22 AM »
Any News on this subject?