Author Topic: twirling icon?  (Read 6613 times)

leushino

twirling icon?
« on: September 09, 2003, 05:14:53 PM »
I finally got up the nerve to give Avast a try. It's been sitting in a download file for over a month now. I'm confused by a couple of things:

1. why does the avast icon ("a") keep twirling about in the task bar at the bottom of the page? Is that a sign that I need to do something?
2. do we need to make manual updates OR is there a way to configure Avast to download updates for virus definitions on a regular basis?

Thanks.

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
Re:twirling icon?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 05:24:04 PM »
The "a" icon rotates whenever the avast! resident protection is scanning something (e.g. when you start an application). It's just an information for you that the resident protection is active, that's all :-)

Of course, avast! can be configured to download updates automatically (I think it's configured that way by default, at least for the virus definitions). If you go to the program Settings and select the page "Update", you can specify the updating options.

leushino

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2003, 07:08:28 PM »
Thank you, Igor, for your response. It sure calms me to know I can get such great support so quickly. Incredible, really!  :)

leushino

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2003, 07:15:03 PM »
btw: My Resident Shield is set to Normal (by default). Is this adequate or should it be reset to High? What exactly is the difference?

AND... is there a list of UFAQ so that I can teach myself and not bug you all so much? Thanks.  ;)

mantra

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2003, 08:07:00 PM »
high= AVAST CHECKES "CREATED AND MODIFICATED"

so every files u save on your pc avast will check!

ok?

mantra

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2003, 08:07:14 PM »
high= AVAST CHECKES "CREATED AND MODIFICATED"

so every files u save on your pc avast will check!

ok?

mantra

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2003, 08:08:13 PM »
ahh
for the icon u can hide
or u can let it doesn't rotate!

Culpeper

« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2003, 05:59:14 AM »
If the icon starts bouncing up and down like a ball remember to stand up, click your heels together, and say, "There's no place like home.  There's no place like home."