Author Topic: Program update  (Read 4472 times)

Keith Agius

Program update
« on: September 09, 2003, 05:47:53 PM »
Hi I think I just downloaded the new program update. I was informed that Avast will now be able to protect files downloaded from Msn Messenger and Yahoo etc. Is this an automatic thing that the program does or do I need to go to the options menus in these two messengers and select a location so that scanning can occur? If so which file in the Avast program folder do I select?

Keith    ???

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
Re:Program update
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2003, 06:06:08 PM »
It was just a DB update. The program will be updated shortly (tomorrow I'd say).

Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

Keith Agius

« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2003, 01:44:04 PM »
Can you tell me how it will work with Msn and Yahoo messenger?
Keith  :)

Offline igor

• Avast team
  • Serious Graphoman
    • AVAST Software
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2003, 09:19:24 AM »
avast! will check the files downloaded by the messengers automatically, you only select the programs to be protected (with one exception: for Trillian, you will have to select its configuration file if you are using Win9x).

leushino

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2003, 05:18:23 PM »
I just downloaded the program as well (here in the States). So, from what I'm reading,  you are telling us that the full program is coming tomorrow, right? When it does finally arrive, will it automatically adopt the settings I have for my Incredimail OR will I need to configure it? And if I need to configure it, how do I go about doing this? Thanks. ???