Author Topic: Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.  (Read 16323 times)

nwilder2000

Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
« on: November 10, 2012, 12:32:30 AM »
I get this all the time.  No pattern as to when it happens.  i am using Google Chrome.  I am not to smart with a computer, so if you have advice please talk plain!  Thank you.  I have ran MalwareByte and SpyBot and can find nothing wrong.  It doesn't happen on certain websites, happens on any website.  Thank you.
This webpage is not available
The connection to www.yahoo.com was interrupted.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this webpage later.
Check your Internet connection. Restart any router, modem, or other network devices you may be using.
Add Google Chrome as a permitted program in your firewall's or antivirus software's settings. If it is already a permitted program, try deleting it from the list of permitted programs and adding it again.
If you use a proxy server, check your proxy settings or contact your network administrator to make sure the proxy server is working. If you don't believe you should be using a proxy server, adjust your proxy settings: Go to the wrench menu > Settings > Show advanced settings... > Change proxy settings... > LAN Settings and deselect the "Use a proxy server for your LAN" checkbox.
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.

nwilder2000

Re: Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2012, 10:10:05 PM »
Is this in the wrong forum? If so, can someone tell me where else to post this?

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2012, 10:22:30 PM »
Hi nwilder2000,

This can be because of some recent MS update that interfered with/damaged  the TCP/IP in Netshell
Use this Fix It from here http://go.microsoft.com/?linkid=9664547
I certainly hope it will solve your inconvenience. and restore TCP/IP for you on that comp.
Let me know,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

TheHulk

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 07:41:07 PM »
If you having problems with google chrome you should have go to google chrome support to report the problem