Author Topic: Make avast! uninstall properly  (Read 12896 times)

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
Re: Make avast! uninstall properly
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2012, 04:22:01 PM »
Those aree just registry entries and will not effect or hurt the performance of your pc. Man your making mountains out of mole hills.

Sorry, but you have no clue what i'm talking about. What you see here are registry entries, but these entries connect to system drivers that are often left behind by AV's. Sometimes they are still there but deactivated but in many cases they were still active even though program was actually uninstalled and system got a deserved and required reboot. So don't teach me what kind of big deal i'm making out of this.
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog

Aventador

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2012, 04:24:35 PM »
Lol.................I am a systems engineer. Been working on pc's for well over 15 years now. And its not a big deal. Like I said Avast is not alone. Every single software leaves traces behind.

ManyQs

« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2012, 04:30:43 PM »
If one is going by the industry standard that it is common practice to leave bits and pieces behind, so they do, then it might be said to be no big deal.

But I think a major point here is to achieve an industry leading standard of excellence so that Avast then stands out from the crowd.

By the way, there was a point about Windows 8 certification requiring all pieces be cleaned out by an uninstalling tool.  Is that true?

Offline RejZoR

• Polymorphic Sheep
  • Serious Graphoman
  • We are supersheep, resistance is futile!
    • RejZoR's Flock of Sheep
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2012, 05:30:04 PM »
Lol.................I am a systems engineer. Been working on pc's for well over 15 years now. And its not a big deal. Like I said Avast is not alone. Every single software leaves traces behind.

If systems engineer says so, then it has to be true... It's a bad policy and you're a very bad system engineer if you're defending it...
Visit my webpage Angry Sheep Blog