Author Topic: Resolved: Found one Trojan horse on Windows 7 computer  (Read 29837 times)

Diddy

Re: Found one Trojan horse on Windows 7 computer
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2012, 08:51:53 AM »
HI with Otl do I just simply push run scan button and let it scan do I paste anything in the custom box below or is that after Essboy has had a look at the otl scan log is it just one otl log I put i nmy reply.

Thanks for the help

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2012, 08:54:03 AM »
You just run the scan and attach the log produced for the experts to examine.

user_1000

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2012, 09:02:39 AM »
This is offtopic, but your signature says...

Windows Vista Home Basic
Ram: 138 GB
Avast free 7.0.1474

Are you sure that you have 138 GB of RAM with Windows Vista Home Basic? Even x64 version of Windows Vista Home Basic can only handle up to 8 GB of RAM.

64-bit Vista Business, Enterprise and Ultimate can handle up to 128 GB of RAM.

Diddy

« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2012, 09:08:13 AM »
HI I was wondering can some one explain to me please how many logs are their with olt to put in my reply and can someone also explain to me please what do I do when I open olt do I just push the run scan button or the quick scan button and do I do anything else.  I should remind you that have the logs for Windows Vista not windows 7 should I start a new topic for Windows vista and my logs.
I should also mention that I am new at this kind of thing

Thanks very much

Online CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2012, 09:14:37 AM »
Diddy please go back to this thread http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.msg451454#msg451454 and read thoroughly, everything is explained there clearly with detailed instructions and pictures.

Stick with one system at a time otherwise confusion is bound to happen.

Diddy

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2012, 09:53:11 AM »
HI I was wanting to ask another question when I run aswmbr should I disable avast free

thanks

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2012, 09:55:29 AM »
hi Diddy,

Here's how it works:
  • Programs requested are to be used as scanning tools only the first time around, with the exception of AdwCleaner.
  • AdwCleaner is safe to delete any bad internet stuff found as essexboy would have to remove it later anyway.  It just makes essexboy's job a little easier and saves quite a bit of time as well.
  • essexboy looks over the four logs you attach.
  • essexboy will either give you a fix where you copy/paste into otl and then click run fix or have you use another program to scan and attach that log.  How far the cleaning process goes does vary; deeper infections require more work and more precise and careful cleaning, thus more steps.
  • This cleaning process requires the logs so he can fix; the fix is presented on the basis of 'do no harm to a victim's computer'.  He will make sure no entries related to say, Microsoft Office, are harmed or removed in any way, as an example.

Without the logs nothing can be done.  The user should never attempt to use these programs to fix anything on their own (AdwCleaner is ok); that is why essexboy is fully certified in malware removal.   Just attach the log for AdwCleaner after scanning or deleting bad items.

Never delete an infected file; always quarantine it if possible.
HI I was wanting to ask another question when I run aswmbr should I disable avast free

thanks
EDIT:  Yes, disable Avast! Free temporarily by selecting disable until reboot option.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2012, 10:03:00 AM by mchain »
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2012, 09:57:46 AM »

thanks

No.
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2012, 10:21:47 AM »
HI I was wondering can some one explain to me please how many logs are their with olt to put in my reply and can someone also explain to me please what do I do when I open olt do I just push the run scan button or the quick scan button and do I do anything else.  I should remind you that have the logs for Windows Vista not windows 7 should I start a new topic for Windows vista and my logs.
I should also mention that I am new at this kind of thing

Thanks very much
No do not start a new topic.....you have started this, so we dont want you to post all over the forum..
also essexboy is notified about this topic

in essexboys guide, there is a picture of OTL....read instructions above....and under the picture
there is a small scipt you copy and past in the program before you run it

TheHulk

« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2012, 10:23:02 AM »
in my way.. if my laptop infected, i would wipe off everything and do the fresh install of windows than worrying becoming infected again

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2012, 10:29:05 AM »
in my way.. if my laptop infected, i would wipe off everything and do the fresh install of windows than worrying becoming infected again
thats your way.....but we dont know if it is still infected or if avast saved the day 

so we leave this to those who know.  ;)

TheHulk

« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2012, 10:34:22 AM »
thats your way.....but we dont know if it is still infected or if avast saved the day 

so we leave this to those who know.  ;)

i know its my way which is quicker way to sort this mess like backup your files on extra hard drive, fresh install windows, install service pack and catch up updates = 2-3hrs

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2012, 10:38:27 AM »
and if its not infected....we dont know yet....then no time at all

please dont derail the topic

Diddy

« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2012, 10:46:26 AM »
hI hear are the logs for the four programs and let me remind everyone that the logs are just for Windows Vista home basic only.

Diddy

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2012, 10:53:38 AM »
Sorry I forgot to put the other logs in their