Author Topic: An issue with the Browser protection  (Read 1944 times)

DBenjamin85

An issue with the Browser protection
« on: November 13, 2012, 01:57:08 AM »
Hi,

I've recently been having some issues with Avast Internet Security's Browser Protection, as of today for some reason I am not able to use the sandbox browsing properly. 

Basically when I have a browser set up with the box ticked, the browser seems to hang loading on pages (on one occasion I had a flash plugin prompt), also when I close the browser window and try to open it again the icon on the taskbar blinks but no window opens.  There seems to be no problem when I switch the browser sandboxing off, it seems to work as usual.

It seems to have happened in the last 24 hours or so, but I'm currently unable to use the feature.  I originally thought that it was to do with the flash plugin, since I've been having issues with the built-in flash within chrome, but it seems to do it with both flash plugins when I disable either of them.

Not sure what to make of it, I never really used the Sandbox before but started having it active whenever I browsed from last week, yet now I've got it turned off again.

DBenjamin85

Re: An issue with the Browser protection
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2012, 01:47:08 PM »
Yes, I can confirm that I am still having the problem, I turned on the sandboxed browsing in chrome and tried to view this page/thread in the forum and the page did not load properly, when I closed the window and tried to start chrome a second time, it did not start a new session in the browser... turned off sandbox browsing and it's not perfectly fine.

Can anyone explain this?