Author Topic: Avast Free Web Shield Issues  (Read 2947 times)

Dlee13

Avast Free Web Shield Issues
« on: April 03, 2014, 10:40:44 AM »
I have been having issues with Avast Webshield for quite some time now.

When webshield is enabled I am unable to upload to sites such as 500px or Flickr unless the shield is disabled. I have tried uninstalling the browser protection as suggested by tech support but that hasn't made a difference.

I have the latest version [2014.9.0.2016] which is giving me problems just like version 2014.9.0.2011 did. The version between (2013) did work for me and didn't cause any issues.

I use Chrome and I was wondering if there is any way to solve this issue? I have been trying to find a old version to install but no luck.

In case it helps, I have Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
Re: Avast Free Web Shield Issues
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2014, 04:16:39 PM »
Welcome to the forums Dlee13.

What other security software do you have?

Have you tried a repair?
Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Dlee13

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2014, 04:41:31 PM »
Welcome to the forums Dlee13.

What other security software do you have?

Have you tried a repair?
Control Panel>Uninstall a Program>double click "avast">click "repair">reboot.

Thank you and sorry for no response, been flooded with assignments  :-[

I have Malwarebytes but I uninstalled that and did a repair as advised by Avast staff with no luck.

I have also installed the beta but that hasn't fixed my problem either.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2014, 05:38:13 PM »
Try a clean install using the avast uninstall utility.
You will be directed to reboot into safe mode...click "yes".
Reboot.
Re-install avast.
Reboot and register. Note: You may need to reboot more than once.
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Dlee13

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 02:07:19 AM »
Try a clean install using the avast uninstall utility.
You will be directed to reboot into safe mode...click "yes".
Reboot.
Re-install avast.
Reboot and register. Note: You may need to reboot more than once.

I have tried that already as well on both my Windows 7 64 BIT PC and Laptop with no change. I have also tried to upload with both my net and my girlfriends net with no luck. Although when using the wifi at uni it doesn't cause any problems so I'm not sure if it's a conflict with certain ISP's.

randy3y

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2014, 03:12:24 AM »
I also have 2 issues so far after installing avast.  The website optionsexpress.com does not work correctly after installing avast.  To check I installed avast on a second machine and recreated the issue.

Also the resolution when using logmein is not working correctly after the install.

I tried several thing to attempt to resolve - Turned off the browsing protection, put website in the exclusion list - did not help.

Very frustrating - it do not seem logical that the avast software would cause these kind of issues - but same result on two installs.  Disabling the web shield should fix this but it does not.

I can't see buying the full version for my business with these flaws as it is now.