Author Topic: Avast/Comodo and behavior shield  (Read 19748 times)

iroc9555

Re: Avast/Comodo and behavior shield
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2014, 12:37:15 AM »
What about exclusions/settings setup for Avast!free 2014.9.0.2016 and Comodo firewall 7.0 (both latest versions)?

Sorry but do not run Comodo 7. Since CIS 6 never ran good in my sys, I kept CIS 5.12.

Avast, now, has one different file that was substituted or replaced for avast.setup
C:\Program files\AVAST Software\Avast\Setup\instup.exe that would be set up in Comodo as an Installer or Updater. Anyways, any avast! file running should be set as trusted in Comodo.

I knew that CIS 6 also changed and added some files:

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cis.exe

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdinstall.exe 

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\CisTray.exe 

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavscan.exe 

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cavwp.exe 

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\virtkiosk.exe

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdvirth.exe

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cmdupd.exe

C:\Program files\COMODO\COMODO Internet Security\cisbf.exe

but I have not tried CIS 7 yet. Also you can just exclude the whole COMODO folder in avast! File System Shield and be done with it.

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #16 on: April 11, 2014, 03:59:48 AM »
I run Comodo Firewall v5.12  With CFW v.6.0 or later it is best to disable the "behavior blocker" in CFW.
There seems to be a conflict between the avast file shield and the CFW behavior blocker.

You can give CFW v5.12 a go http://www.filehippo.com/download_comodo/13662/
How to install just the firewall see http://www.knightwithapc.com/2011/11/download-comodo-firewall/
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

juuki

« Reply #17 on: April 11, 2014, 10:13:33 PM »
I install Comodo v7, latest version (firewall and defense+) with this settings while installing:
Uncheck “Change my DNS servers to COMODO SecureDNS servers”.
Uncheck “I want to enable “Cloud Based Behavior Analysis”.
At the bottom of the window click on “Customize Installer”.
You will now see a window with more options.
On the first window uncheck “Install COMODO GeekBuddy”.

NO changes made to Avast or Comodo settings/excludes and ALL works fine together.

Avast tested with http://www.eicar.org/85-0-Download.html and Comodo firewall with http://personalfirewall.comodo.com/cltinfo.html

I recommend you guys update to last Comodo version, no conflict with Avast and very low cpu usage
« Last Edit: April 11, 2014, 10:16:56 PM by juuki »

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #18 on: April 11, 2014, 10:59:15 PM »
CFW v6.0 and later have quite a bit of bloat. CFW v5.12 has a smaller footprint and is runs quietly in the background.
If you like and have no problems with CFW v7.0 go for it. FYI we have one forum member who runs CFW v3.14 and has
been running it for years. If it works why change?
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

iroc9555

« Reply #19 on: April 12, 2014, 02:37:09 AM »
I might try 7. I don't know yet. V. 6 gave me a lot of grievances. Meanwhile 5.12 is working very nice. I have it set like I like it and running FW in Custom Policy ( Nothing come in or out without my Knowledge ) and D+ in Paranoid Mode ( Nothing executes until I say so ) in Proactive Security configuration ( Monitors all my software and harware ). Like Para-Noid I found 6 and therefore 7 a bit "fat" and to visualize it nicely one needs a big screen and high resolution set up, and my old eyes, even with eye glasses, are finding those litle letters harder to read every passing day ;D

BTW I would have chosen " Cloud Based Behavior Analysis " that way autosandbox and D+ would know what to do with unkown files.