Author Topic: No action on viruses  (Read 20817 times)

Lito

Re:No action on viruses
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2003, 01:10:30 AM »
Does it happen even in the latest version (avast 4.1)??

Vlk

Hi Vlk, it happens to me with Avast 4.1 too :(. But it's not with every mail infected, I can delete an infected attachment with Mapson, Sobig or any other worm that I've recieved on these days, but the problematic sample is an email message infected with BugBear.B.dam ???

Best regards, Marcel.

P.S: sorry for my bad english :-[

lesbanes

« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2003, 01:24:14 AM »
I'm using ver, 4.1.268 which I d/l today. Every error msg is "Avast:Access is denied" except for repair msg which is "Avast:Process is denied because"

Les

Lito

« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2003, 02:13:49 AM »
I confirm that, I just tested it with this new update of Avast! and I received the same error message :'(

lesbanes

« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2003, 02:25:23 AM »
Thanks, Lito!!

Offline Vlk

• Avast CEO
  • Serious Graphoman
  • Please don't send me IM's. Email only. Thx.
    • ALWIL Software
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2003, 08:15:42 AM »
What happens if you save the message to a file on disk and scan it with avast (e.g. by right-clicking it in the Explorer and selecting Scan...)? Does it work?

Also, could you send me such a message?
This sounds like something that really shouldn't be hard to fix, if we only had the appropriate samples.

Please send the message untouched, i.e. as an eml attachment (don't just fwd the message).

Thanks,
Vlk
If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving's not for you.

lesbanes

« Reply #20 on: September 19, 2003, 05:58:29 PM »
Hi Vik,

You can d/l the file (a test virus file, not a real virus) from www.eicar.com. The file name is eicar.com.

Avast shows the proper path to get to the "virus" but says cannot process.

I drilled down to the file itself but Avast would not repair, says cannot process. It would delete though.

Les

Lito

« Reply #21 on: September 19, 2003, 09:22:02 PM »
What happens if you save the message to a file on disk and scan it with avast (e.g. by right-clicking it in the Explorer and selecting Scan...)? Does it work?

Yes, that works, but it would be better if I could delete de infected attachment like always. Anyway, I just sent the message to your email address. I hope you can find a solution to this problem :D

Bye, Lito.

lesbanes

« Reply #22 on: September 19, 2003, 09:44:34 PM »
Well it says I have to reply although I have nothing to reply to. Instead I'll ask why is that little doo-dad tell me I'm being watched and my ISP is attbi.com. My ISP is NOT attbi.com so evidently I'm not being watched too closely.

Les

Lito

« Reply #23 on: September 20, 2003, 01:04:24 PM »
Instead I'll ask why is that little doo-dad tell me I'm being watched and my ISP is attbi.com. My ISP is NOT attbi.com so evidently I'm not being watched too closely.

Les

You're being paranoic ;D lol

Lito.

lesbanes

« Reply #24 on: September 20, 2003, 06:42:30 PM »
You could be right, Lito!

Cheers,
Les

sedina

« Reply #25 on: September 22, 2003, 05:00:24 PM »
Lito: there is a bug in avast! which causes for some specific attachment (specific name) problems with deleting in e-mails. Problem is currently
fixed and patch will be in the next program update. Sorry for this faul ;-( Thanks for co-operation...
I think that other problems decribed here have the same reason... Please try it after update (I don't know exactly when it will be, but I hope that soon) and if some problems, please contact me!

Lito

« Reply #26 on: September 22, 2003, 10:50:17 PM »
Pavel, thanks to you for this great work. You and all the team make me love Avast! on my first month with your software

Best regards, Lito.

lesbanes

« Reply #27 on: September 22, 2003, 11:29:54 PM »
Thanks for the help everyone. Anxiously awaiting update.

Les

judith

« Reply #28 on: September 24, 2003, 11:10:13 AM »

Also, could you send me such a message?
This sounds like something that really shouldn't be hard to fix, if we only had the appropriate samples.

Please send the message untouched, i.e. as an eml attachment (don't just fwd the message).

Thanks,
Vlk

I received win32: Swen and saved it to my desktop (as virus.eml), scanned it, got the usual virus warning but unable to perform any action on the file.  No error message, just nothing happens. Can delete it manually, but Avast shoud be able to do it.  No problems with Eicar.  Do you want a sample, if so will I send it to support@...?

Lito

« Reply #29 on: September 24, 2003, 11:48:15 AM »
Hi Judith, I think it would better to send it to vlk at avast dot com.

Cheers, Lito.