Author Topic: Google Chrome  (Read 16535 times)

ManyQs

Re: Google Chrome
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2012, 01:22:40 AM »
My God, you people just don't stop, do you?

Now you are denigrating my signature, which you must be aware is in that banner on that forum.  Now you folks have gone from denigrating just me to using the Avast organization to denigrate another organization -- denigrating a group of people you don't even know.  You're just not going to stop until you achieve some goal cooked up in that  Evangelist/Überevangelist sub-forum of yours.

For all I know you folks cooked this whole thing up from the get-go to try and cause me to go so far overboard you could then start a campaign to have me banned.  Maybe some Avast company officials are behind this because of my post about them bowing to the Larry Page pressure.  I am quite sure that Avast company officials have member privledges to allow them to read what's posted on the Evangelist/Überevangelist Group sub-forum.

Maybe you folks have just had it in for me since way back when.

Maybe this is all completely unfounded thinking, but there isn't any way we will know, right?

But on the unfounded thinking aspect stands something that is so glaring it would shine even coming out of the sun at a pilot at 10,000 feet.

With all this stampede out of that Evangelist/Überevangelist sub-forum to throw dirty water at ManyQs about how far off-topic he has been we see not one post from any of you Evangelist/Überevangelist sub-forum types that this post is off-topic.

@ManyQs,

You certainly will like the contents on this site. The translation into English is here:
http://translate.google.nl/translate?sl=nl&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=nl&ie=UTF-8&layout=2&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ikhebniksteverbergen.nl%2Finternet&act=url
"I have nothing to hide" is the excuse  that will provide  some with the pre-text to give up their online privacy alltogether,

Now how could it be that a fair-minded group, as you will call yourselves, has not done at least one acknowledgement, in your role as forum moderators, that ManyQs has not been the only guilty party here?  ManyQs already acknowledged his guilt in a response to your chief.  Or is that also going to be ignored.

And in all your attempts to snatch at any little detail to turn up the flame against ManyQs it couldn't possibly have escaped your notice that the first person to use the vocabulary "privacy" in this thread was one of your own group members.  Of course you didn't miss that.  But that must have been the bait, right?  "Draw him out where we can shoot at him."

Of course, just as  I predicted you'd state that there was absolutely no personal attack in that previous shot at me you will now state that ManyQs is so off his rocker that ...

... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...

Now I want an official group apology for that denigration of my signature or the paperwork -- Yes! hard copy, snail mail-spending paperwork. -- is going to be asking for some heads.  Maybe the ringleaders of this campaign in the Evangelist/Überevangelist Group against ManyQs have convinced you Evangelist/Überevangelist Group members this campaign against ManyQs is justified by my stances on issues that also cause headaches for the Avast company, but when you use this Avast platform to start denigrating an outside organization you have just stepped way, way out of bounds.  Or you have the authority from the CEO to do what you are doing.  I have no idea to what lengths you people will go to try and get a member banned, but the words written here can't be any clearer when read out on a piece of paper -- this is an orchestrated campaign and you just went too far.

As a matter of fact, I just told some folks at a dinner last night that from what all I have seen here over the past year or so I am beginning to sense that Larry Page is trying to scoop up Avast, too.  And you can bet your sweet arse they are seeing this campaign with eyes that don't hasve the brown-nosing sheen of a sycophant.

Speak-Ez wants that apology.  That is not a request!

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2012, 02:07:13 AM »
You're still off topic.  :(
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

SPZ Co-founder

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2012, 02:27:58 AM »
As a co-founder of the Speak-Ez Forums and a director on the board of the SPZ Network I have concerns about the insult of our site's banner by a member of an Avast forum sanctioned group.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #33 on: November 19, 2012, 02:58:56 AM »
As a co-founder of the Speak-Ez Forums and a director on the board of the SPZ Network I have concerns about the insult of our site's banner by a member of an Avast forum sanctioned group.

Please locate and quote the insult you are referring to.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #34 on: November 19, 2012, 03:16:33 AM »

There is no insult to your site, the error was in my thinking that the sarcasm ManyQs posted was part of his signature and not part of the actual post. So ManyQs has the wrong end of the stick in running off telling tales.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 03:46:49 PM by DavidR »
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

SPZ Co-founder

« Reply #35 on: November 19, 2012, 03:36:10 AM »
Charyb -

Please locate and quote the insult you are referring to.

Please identify your administrative or moderation role on these forums.

Offline Charyb-0

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
« Reply #36 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:32 AM »
You can't locate an insult because there is not one to be found.

Offline CraigB

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Serious Graphoman
  • No support PM's thanks
« Reply #37 on: November 19, 2012, 04:26:47 AM »
Sorry but there has been no degradation or insults thrown towards yourself or your signature, the first place you went wrong was thinking Bob had insulted you with the outer space comment which was really just another way of saying that your so far off topic your in outer space.

Secondly the comment about you being a member of the Speak-Ez Forums was only in reflect that being a member of that forum you should have a good grasp of the English language and should have understood Bob's comment about going off into outer space was not an insult.

There is also no conspiracy to get you banned, this is a forum for helping people with security problems and not a chat site for you to drag all topics into the realm of your privacy concern issues which you have done so on so many threads and is also the reason why everyone has been repeatedly mentioning "stay on topic".

william8004

« Reply #38 on: November 29, 2012, 01:12:10 AM »
I didn't get the chrome screen, but I do have this one.  Why does it keep showing me the popups when I don't have them selected to show?  Thanks.

sorry for my previous outbreak.

Will

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2012, 02:04:25 AM »
Because zero isn't a valid input for the duration, the minimum duration is 1 second.

You can elect not to 'Show notification box after automatic update' in the Update settings.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security