Author Topic: Lost my phone  (Read 3510 times)

mwansa22

Lost my phone
« on: November 06, 2012, 03:50:15 PM »
hi i just lost my Sony Ericsson S Arc..i had the avast anti theft feature installed..how do i track it????i visited my profile @avast went to devices and my phone details are there but am being asked to enable anti theft..when i try nothing is happening..please help me...rply using my email @ mj.mulenga@yahoo.com

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: Lost my phone
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 09:59:33 AM »
Hello,

if the connection to your account is broken you can still try to contact your Anti-Theft installation using SMS commands.

send an sms to your phone:

2222 locate
replace 2222 with your avast! pin (4-6 digits, only numbers)

To find out more about the SMS commands please consult our manual:
http://files.avast.com/files/documentation/mobile-security-user-guide-en.pdf
give it a try - it's short and easy to understand.

I also recommend to contact the person using the phone you entered as "friend" in Anti-Theft. He might have received a SMS from Anti-Theft in case the SIM card has been changed.

Werner

mwansa22

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2012, 10:01:13 PM »
thanks for your werner..thing is i visited my avast account and in my devices the details of the phone are there but its showing anti theft is not enabled and also that they is a security issue,,i need to put my name..whenever i put my name and try to enable the anti theft nothing is happening...can it be enabled using sms?? my avast user name is mj.mulenga@yahoo.com and is abiegirl...check and you see what i mean..

nikolafier

« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2012, 08:27:54 AM »
привет помогите с нахождением телефона руут права есть все активировано смс не приходило как найти телефон помогите пожалуйста imei есть если нужен напишу

Offline tcntad

• Avast Überevangelist
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2012, 10:07:27 PM »
thanks for your werner..thing is i visited my avast account and in my devices the details of the phone are there but its showing anti theft is not enabled and also that they is a security issue,,i need to put my name..whenever i put my name and try to enable the anti theft nothing is happening...can it be enabled using sms?? my avast user name is............ check and you see what i mean..

Remove your  username and password !!!!!!!

Why was anti theft  NOT activated berörde it was stolen? Very stupid..
Please read the manual