Author Topic: Incoming Mail Problem  (Read 3106 times)

RC

Incoming Mail Problem
« on: February 08, 2005, 04:37:36 AM »
I have been using Avast for @ a year with no problems.  But a couple of weeks ago, it started deleting some of the emails I should have received from a Yahoo group.  I know these emails are virus free.  It started out giving me heuristic WARNING notices on @ 3 to 10 messages a day.  But today it has deleted 150 messages!  All the deleted messages seem to be from the same Yahoo group's members.  I have not changed any of the settings.  I do receive some of the messages to this group from the same members whose messages are being deleted.  What can I do to keep Avast from deleting my messages but still continue to have virus protection?
Thanks for any help you can give me,
RC

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
Re: Incoming Mail Problem
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2005, 07:45:26 AM »
Read Avast's help file to see what all settings do and change them accordingly to your needs/wishes.

RC

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2005, 12:19:52 AM »
Thanks so much for your help.  My Heuriistic setting is on HIGH.  I changed  a setting to the Option: Let it be delivered.
I am now receiving my Yahoo Group mail again.
But does this mean it would deliver a virus laden email with no warning now?
Sorry to be so dense, but I really don't understand the Heuristics.
RC

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2005, 01:03:03 AM »
No because, heuristics is just one part of the protection, setting it to high, means you are likely to be alerted more often to things that are more suspicious. The other element of avast's mail protection is looking for known virus signatures.

Your last line of defence is Standard Shield, just in case you open an infected attachment, etc. avast provides very good protection in depth.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.3.6108 (build 24.3.8975.762) UI 1.0.801/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

RC

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2005, 02:32:10 AM »
Thanks so very much!  You guys are great.
Hopefully my problem is now solved.
RC