Author Topic: Infected files  (Read 1876 times)

Emzleeds

Infected files
« on: April 28, 2013, 11:44:43 AM »
I keep doing a virus check and it is saying i have infected files but i cannot do anything as my archive files are passworded. I have got no passwords what so ever and i dont even know where the archive files are!

I did try for help on the facebook page but my message was rudely ignored and then removed so to be fair not a good way to communicate with customers on there.

These infected files are causing issues on my laptop. I dont want to remove avast and use another antivirus but i have no idea what is going on and annoying me now. Thanks x

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Infected files
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2013, 11:51:34 AM »
scan errors are not detections.....
files that can not be scanned for whatever reason avast give are just that, it does not mean they are infected......
this is the most often asked question in the forum so lots of info if you forum search

I keep doing a virus check and it is saying i have infected file.....
if so avast should give the  files(s) a malware name...... so what detection name does avast give?

for more info, attach a screenshot of scan result here

« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 11:53:31 AM by Pondus »

Emzleeds

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2013, 12:20:22 PM »
Please see attachment

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2013, 12:28:41 PM »
yea..... not detection, just a scan error message
many programs protect there files with passwords, like security programs...adobe... and others

if you put the mouse pointer on the vertical bar just in front of severity and dragg sideways, then you can see the full file path....
take new screenshot and we may be able to tell you what they are