Author Topic: UNABLE TO ACCESS MY PHONE  (Read 3222 times)

akash.b

UNABLE TO ACCESS MY PHONE
« on: November 21, 2012, 02:57:41 PM »
HI,

I HAVE INSTALLED AVAST ANTIVIRUS FREE ON MY ANDROID 2.3

I AM USING SONY ERICSSON W8

WHEN I TRIED TO PUT A NEW SIM INTO MY PHONE IT STARTED GIVING AN ALARM SAYING THAT MY PHONE IS LOST OR STOLEN, AND IT ASKS ME TO ENTER THE PASSWORD.
I KNOW THE PASSWORD AND I HAVE TRIED IT, BUT I AM NOT ABLE TO ACCESS MY PHONE AT ALL SINCE ALL PASSWORD ATTEMPTS ARE WRONG.

I ALSO TRIED REMOTE UNLOCK AND OTHER FEATURES WITH ALL POSSIBLE PASSWORD COMBINATIONS WHICH WAS REGISTERED TO RECEIVE MESSAGE FROM AVAST.

I READ THAT HARD RESETTING THE PHONE IS ONE OF THE SOLUTIONS BUT CAN YOU PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW TO HARD RESET THE DEVICE.

THE "LOST OR STOLEN" POP-UP ALWAYS APPEAR THERE AND NOT ALLOWING ME TO HARD RESET.

MY PHONE IS ROOTED

THANK YOU.

Offline Werner

• Avast team
  • Advanced Poster
Re: UNABLE TO ACCESS MY PHONE
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 03:49:03 PM »
Hello,

avast! doesn't send the password to our servers and there is no master key for security reasons. Many customers remembered their password when I told them, that it's 4-6 digits, only numbers.
If you think your PIN is longer than 6 digits, try only the first 6!

If none of this helped, contact me via PN and I'll give you additional support.

cercledefeu

« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2012, 11:33:37 AM »
Hello everyone, first of all I want to apologize for my bad english, I'm French and I use google translation ...

So now, I have almost the same problem as my upstairs neighbor, my wife having insert his sim card in my phone (Note gt n 7000) to see what would happen, I find myself with the famous message Avast,this phone has been lost or stolen , the problem is that I do not remember having entered any password, I still try all passwords that I could choose from, but none is good, it is why I come to you for help.

Thanking you in advance.

cercledefeu

« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2012, 06:41:11 PM »
Ok thanks for all avast ... >:(