Author Topic: MSNBC job link in email - Contains Trojan  (Read 2313 times)

Tridolshe

MSNBC job link in email - Contains Trojan
« on: November 21, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
I opened a link that seemed to be sent specifically to me from my mom about jobs.  (I am looking...and she did send it specifically putting some info in there straight to me....but later said she found out the person who sent it to her had no knowledge of it being sent.)  It started with msnbc.com ...........so I figured it was a valid link.  Evidently not.  Once my mom found out, it was too late, and I'd already clicked the link.  My dad did too, and both of our computers (actually, I think mine was my Kindle Fire) sent out emails asking others in our address books to check out the same link again a day later.  My dad's computer antivirus found a trojan, and he sent out a "sorry" email to everyone.  I ran Avast Free, Malwarebytes, and SuperAntiSpyware, and all that was found was one tracking cookie.  This is the 3rd day since I opened the link, and my Yahoo email account wanted me to change my password this morning, because it said it didn't recognize my computer, and my account had been compromised.  I did so...but am wondering if the Trojan or whatever is still there.  Or has it done it's damage and moved on?  I have the updated files for all my antivirus/spyware software....and none of them have found anything.

Does anyone know what I can do to find this trojan and remove it? 

Thanks so much for any help you can give!
Misty

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: MSNBC job link in email - Contains Trojan
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 07:33:27 PM »