Author Topic: Malware blocked! Malware blocked! Trojin Blocked!  (Read 1756 times)

onifey

Malware blocked! Malware blocked! Trojin Blocked!
« on: November 25, 2012, 11:11:02 PM »
Hi all I've been a free avast user for a long time but I'm new to the forums so please forgive any noobishness. Avast is the antivirus I always send friends and family too and its always done right by my but lately I've had a problem:

When ever I boot my PC / open a web browser I get several Malware/Trojan Blocked messages pop up in the lower right.
At first it was only two but within the space of a week is now up to four!
Quick scan found nothing but had a healthy chunk of password protected archives. So I run boot time a scan, however only one file ever gets flagged as infected with at least 6-7 corrupted files with no indication of infection.

After the scan I boot up and the "Malware blocked!" messages are still there, both when windows finishes loading and any time I open a web browser for any website.

I'm at the end of my rope and I'm getting worried as the messages keep increasing, I fear my pc could soon become virus riddled and inoperable.

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
Re: Malware blocked! Malware blocked! Trojin Blocked!
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2012, 11:14:14 PM »
Hi could you post a screenshot of the latest Avast popup alert  and then follow the steps in this thread  http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=53253.0

You may attach all logs here  ;D

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Malware blocked! Malware blocked! Trojin Blocked!
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2012, 11:24:03 PM »
Quick scan found nothing but had a healthy chunk of password protected archives.
files that can not be scanned are just that, it does not mean they are infected
avast just gave you a scan error report and the reason why....
they are often located in windows temp or java cache.....if so clear your temp folders