Author Topic: Error - The memory could not be written.  (Read 20911 times)

fhurst

Re: Error - The memory could not be written.
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2005, 11:31:57 PM »
I clicked some of the links at the top of the forum and found a profile that was mine and I clicked all of the links in that page to see what they did and through experimentation I was able to put a picture and a signiture in my post. Cool! ---

I also  read something in one of them about clicking the notify button here in the post.  I hope that it will give me an e-mail notification when one of you decide to answer. 

I had originally, some months ago, put a checkmark in one of the boxes on one of those pages that I thought would get me my e-mails, but a closer look at the wording told me I may be wrong, so I unchecked that box and checked the one below it. Fingers crossed.

I take it from all of the replies, that I shouldn't have worried about this problem, that all I need to do is click "OK" in the alert box and do a Mickey Blue Eyes and "For-ged a-boud it".

If you differ in opinion, please tell me and I will continue to seek a resolution.    With your help!!

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #16 on: March 13, 2005, 12:20:04 PM »
It seems that the ashserv error when shutting down Windows is back again. Rebooted 3 times and 3 times I got the message. (Version 4.6.623) :'(

tammy

« Reply #17 on: March 13, 2005, 01:47:50 PM »
Me too, had the problem all week. Even a new install doesnt help  ???

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #18 on: March 13, 2005, 01:52:46 PM »
It seems that the ashserv error when shutting down Windows is back again. Rebooted 3 times and 3 times I got the message. (Version 4.6.623) :'(

Not a trouble here... Weird...
Can you post any other information that could help us troubleshooting this one?
The best things in life are free.

Offline szc

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2005, 02:20:50 PM »
Weird, I had that problem only once... just one time and never again. It was on Windows shutdown, but I was unable to read whole message... I just noticed word ashserv.exe and something like The memory could not be written...  :( It never happened again after that... that was 4 or 5 days ago, and I was too busy with my job problems, so I completely forgot to report that... sorry guys  :'(

I'm sure the solution for this one will pop-up very soon... I never doubt when it comes to Alwil...

Cheers !
MB: GIGABYTE GA-Z77X-UD3H Intel 7 Series  - LGA1155, CPU: Intel Core i5-3570K - Quad Core, 3.40GHz (3.80GHz Max Turbo), CPU COOLER: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO Direct Heat Pipe R2, RAM: 16 GB Kingston HyperX Blu DDR3, VIDEO CARD: Galaxy GeForce GTX 560 Ti - 1GB, GDDR5, POWER SUPPLY: Corsair Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 - 750 Watts, HD: Seagate Barracuda - 2TB, 7200RPM, 64MB, SATA 6Gb/s

Offline Eddy

• Avast Evangelist
  • Maybe Bot
  • Watching (over?) you
    • Malware removal, Biljart and other things.
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2005, 02:28:20 PM »
No dump file, nothing in the logs. Just rebooted twice again and no problems ??? I will keep an eye on it and report back if it happens again. I hope there will be some more information next time.

fhurst

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2005, 01:47:41 AM »

Not a trouble here... Weird...

I'm still having trouble and it won't let me shut down, hangs up every time I choose to shut down and won't let me log off either and I wind up manually shutting down most of the time. It no longer displays an error, it just flashes at me and then goes to a screen with absolutely nothing on it. Not a Blue screen of death, more like an empty sign on screen.
Can you post any other information that could help us troubleshooting this one?

RJARRRPCGP

« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2005, 01:29:12 PM »
I haven't gotten that error message. That error message is nothing to do with the user profile unloading! It's because Windows isn't happy about the way the program is accessing memory resources.

I'm using Windows 2000 SP4 and don't have the standard shield enabled.

Gosh, I was going to say that it's probably a Windows XP issue. Because I haven't gotten that error message yet.

I also was wondering if that error message was caused by Windows XP SP2?

Offline xistenz

• Poster
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2005, 01:41:37 PM »
I suppose it wouldn't hurt us all to test our RAM using MemTest86+

wulfruna

« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2005, 07:22:20 AM »
I too am getting this Error message!!! I have windows XP Home with Service Pack 2.  ???

thomas1036

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2005, 08:22:54 PM »
Here the same problem. I'm using version 4.6.635 (the pre-release) :-(.

Thomas

ABaum

« Reply #26 on: March 30, 2005, 08:45:24 AM »
Same problem here on my Desktop and Laptop (WinXP Pro SP2)