Poll

Why don’t you update to the latest version of avast!?

I don’t know whether I have latest version or not
10 (10.6%)
I’m waiting for a feedback on avast! forum, whether new version is worth the update
33 (35.1%)
I tried the latest version, but it was not working OK
35 (37.2%)
I’m happy with my old version, I don’t see a reason to update
16 (17%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Poll about avast! program updates  (Read 30135 times)

Offline drake127

• Avast team
Re: Poll about avast! program updates
« Reply #45 on: January 07, 2013, 06:46:02 AM »
None of the answers to the poll fit.  I tried to update but am unable to do so. I am running version 7.0.1466 and received a message that the update to version 7.0.1474 failed.   It says that it is initializing but never goes farther than that.  Looks like I am running a much more updated version than most who have answered, though.
Have you tried to uninstall Avast and install new version manually from downloaded installer?

GTX66

« Reply #46 on: January 07, 2013, 10:35:23 PM »
Release Avast 8 Beta and I will use it.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #47 on: January 08, 2013, 03:21:48 PM »
You just need to wait some days...
The best things in life are free.

Nesivos

« Reply #48 on: January 10, 2013, 05:13:06 PM »
Hi all,
we have a lot of users running old version of avast!, we would like to know why :-)

thank you for your vote!

Pavel Sedina

I tried the latest version, but it was not working OK - 42% as of now.

I don't stay with old versions of software so if the newest version of a softwre is not working properly I switch software.   Now using Bitdefender Windows 8 Security.   More expensive than avast! AIS for sure but BD W8 Security works on Windows 8

Offline ProTruckDriver

• Retired USN & Truck Driver. Love Retirement Checks
« Reply #49 on: January 22, 2013, 03:51:39 AM »
Reading this entire post I need to ask, What version of Avast (paid) is considered a stable version?
Late 2015 5K 27" Mac, 4GHz i7, 16GB RAM, 1TB Fusion Drive: macOS Catalina 10.15.7 
 iMac Clone and Backup with: SuperDuper, Time Machine & iCloud 
 Malwarebytes Premium, AdGuard

happy avast user

« Reply #50 on: January 22, 2013, 11:37:28 AM »
    +1

Offline mchain

• Avast Evangelist
  • Ultra Poster
  • Spartan Warrior
« Reply #51 on: January 23, 2013, 10:56:02 AM »
Reading this entire post I need to ask, What version of Avast (paid) is considered a stable version?
hi ProTruckDriver,

As your question is not really about the updates themselves, but tending to go in a different area regarding system stability, it would be perfectly ok to start your own topic just specifically about that issue. 

Having said that, bugs in a version of Avast!, paid or otherwise, often do not show up until the final version is released to the general public. 

User systems vary widely on how/what they are configured, what operating systems are installed, on what programs was/were previously installed/removed, and/or the use of "registry cleaners", so the range of configurations is almost infinite.

Avast! has been very good in fixing any issues that come up, and here we provide any support you may need for free, so... 
Windows 10 Home 64-bit 22H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.1.6099 (build 24.1.88821.762)  UI version 1.0.797
 UI version 1.0.788.  Windows 11 Home 23H2 - Windows 11 Pro 23H2 Avast Premier Security version 24.2.6105 (build 24.1.8918.827) UI version 1.0.801

mister.marmot

« Reply #52 on: February 10, 2013, 02:28:38 PM »
An option to the poll of:

"As standard policy, we do not upgrade for 3 months to let the bugs be worked out"

Needs to be added.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #53 on: February 10, 2013, 02:32:52 PM »
An option to the poll of:

"As standard policy, we do not upgrade for 3 months to let the bugs be worked out"

Needs to be added.
Not in a security software. We're not talking about new bells and whistles that we can wait 3 months to put our hands on them... Three months in security software is an eternity, you must upgrade much before that...

mister.marmot

« Reply #54 on: February 10, 2013, 04:38:43 PM »
We've been burned before on new releases.  We maintain the virus signatures daily but we will NOT upgrade to the new product on the first week of release.

We are not about to spend 100 to 300 man hours scrambling to try and figure out why the office staff is calling in all day with computer issues after a brand new x.0 release. 
There's a reason it's called the 'bleeding edge' of technology.  We will try the new product out on a few tech support staff machines and wait up to 3 months before rolling it out to the rest of the offices' machines or for the x.1 patch that soon follows.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 04:42:13 PM by mister.marmot »

pederoco

« Reply #55 on: February 10, 2013, 04:51:00 PM »
I'm always using the latest stable version of avast and follow the forum about the beta version.
And when a new version comes out I wait just a week or so to see what the people like or dislike about it.
So I don't have to switch that much.
Gr Peter

windrider

« Reply #56 on: February 14, 2013, 05:32:18 PM »

Not in a security software. We're not talking about new bells and whistles that we can wait 3 months to put our hands on them... Three months in security software is an eternity, you must upgrade much before that...
[/quote]

That attitude right there will surely bring Avast! companies' good reputation down. The evidence. Look at all the errors posted on different sections of the forum here. Then step back think a while and think again. What's your opinion now? If you don't do this your surely gonna lose Avast! public reputation. As you know, people will tire of all these bugs because not enough time. Signature updates will by you time. Bit Defender, Avira, and ESET sure will like the new customers.

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #57 on: February 14, 2013, 07:00:19 PM »
Look at all the errors posted on different sections of the forum here.
There will be always errors and bugs. Software is always improving, never finished or ready...
Besides, 99,9% of the users come to forums looking for help, very few comes to say thanks. So the number of "negative" users in forum is not an indicative of the software quality.