Author Topic: A few Questions from a newbie  (Read 2049 times)

AmyH974

A few Questions from a newbie
« on: November 28, 2012, 06:12:41 PM »
Hi i just got Avast free on my computer this morning & i have a few questions about it.

1) I have my schedule scan to run at a certain time & was wondering if my computer is shut off at that time of the scan, will the scan start to run when i turn my computer back on? The reason I am asking is i normally shut my computer down when i am not using it. I am a mom to two busy active kids So i am not on my computer all the time & the time i am on it will change from day to day.

2) What is the boot time scan & do i want it to run every time i start my computer?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: A few Questions from a newbie
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 08:43:45 PM »
1. you have a antivrus with realtime protection, meaning every file that moves when the computer is on is checked
so a quick scan once a week is plenty. in the scedule settings there is also a wake up setting...
or you could just activate the screensaver scan, the it scan everytime you turn your back to the comp and the screensaver start then you dont have to think about doing it

2. bootscan is something you use if the normal scan have problems removing something it find, or if avast tell you to do it