Author Topic: Cannot turn on email shield in Avast 7 free  (Read 1534 times)

donfm

Cannot turn on email shield in Avast 7 free
« on: November 28, 2012, 08:29:57 PM »
After installing the free version of Avast 7 I get an indication that "Real Time Shields are turned off" on the "current status" window. I tried hitting the "turn on" link and the "FIX" button but nothing happens. I get the indication that Mail Shield is turned off. This happened before and I deleted the program and reinstalled it. That fixed the problem. Then today I logged 0n and once again the Mail Shield is turned off and unable to be started. What shall I do I can't keep uninstalling and reinstalling this program every day.
I am getting an indication in the tool bar that my system is not fully protected as well. the Avast ball is covered by a yellow triangle with an exclamation point.

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
Re: Cannot turn on email shield in Avast 7 free
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2012, 08:48:11 PM »
- Which version of avast! 7..??
- OS..?? (32/64 Bit..? - which SP..?)
- Other security related software installed..??
- Which AV did you use before avast!..??
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Cannot turn on email shield in Avast 7 free
« Reply #2 on: November 28, 2012, 08:48:16 PM »
wha t antivirus did you use before avast?
did you remove it before installing avast?
did you use the vendors removal tool to clear any leftover files that may conflict?

what toolbar indication?