Author Topic: Endpoint Protection Suite Plus issues SBS 2008 SP1  (Read 1551 times)

rwolf82

Endpoint Protection Suite Plus issues SBS 2008 SP1
« on: November 29, 2012, 04:05:03 PM »
I have installed Endpoint Protection Suite Plus on SBS 2008 server with Service Pack 1. After installation everything seemed to work, but after a restart the SBS 2008 server had some issues.

After logging in, the SBS Console crashed instantly, after that Windows reported there was a hardware change and that there was an issue with Windows license key. Other features like printing stopped working.

The only option I had was to click on a link to go to the Microsoft website to validate Windows. Windows reported that the Windows version was no longer available (it said it was Vista) and that I needed to upgrade to Windows 7. Strange!

When I closed the message the server automatically signed off.

To restore the server to normal behaviour I had to restart the server, go into safe mode, remove Endpoint Protection Suite Plus. After that I restarted the server and everything worked again.

As mentioned the server is running SBS 2008 SP1, ofcourse I want to update to SP2, but does anybody know if this will solve the issue?

Offline Pondus

• Probably Bot
  • Not a avast user
Re: Endpoint Protection Suite Plus issues SBS 2008 SP1
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2012, 05:01:15 PM »
avast business protection forum section.   http://forum.avast.com/index.php?board=33.0