Author Topic: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free  (Read 50028 times)

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free
« on: November 30, 2012, 05:37:53 PM »
Hi all,

we recently launched a  recommendation program, it's still in "open beta" so any feedback is appreciated.
The recommending is simple:

Create or login to your avast account

Go to the Recommendations section
https://my.avast.com/recommendation

Share the unique link via social networks or email.

When somebody installs avast using your unique link and start using avast, you will get a credit for it and see it on your dashboard. (this can be delayed up to 24 hours after the installation)
https://my.avast.com/recommendation

When you reach 7/14/21 friends to install and use avast, you will be eligible to download a free license of Internet Security for 1/2/3 years. The maximum is 3 year license valid from the time the first license was issued. (basically you reach 7 friends, we give you a license for 1 year and if you get another 7, the license will be prolonged for 1 year...)

We tried to make it as easy as possible for you, and we know that's quite easy to cheat, but on the other side we are able to detect suspicious accounts and disable the licenses, so please do not cheat ;-)

Our goal is obvious: Motivate and reward people recommending avast and to grow our userbase.

So start recommending and write me your opinions and ideas.

Thanks
Martin

p.s. other languages will follow soon, so far English only..

Offline bob3160

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • 64 Years of Happiness
    • bob3160 Protecting Yourself, Your Computer and, Your Identity
Re: Recommend avast! and get Internet Security for free
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 07:42:38 PM »
Hello Martin,
An excellent idea. As you may already know, I have a special link for those that attend a presentation
where the user receives a special price on the paid version of avast!.
I'm quite sure I have enough referrals to have earned a license but, I'm very happy with the free version.
I will however continue to push the paid versions of avast! for any one that shows even the slightest interest.  ;D [size=78%] [/size]
Free Security Seminar: https://bit.ly/bobg2023  -  Important: http://www.organdonor.gov/ -- My Web Site: http://bob3160.strikingly.com/ - Win 11 Pro v22H2 64bit, 16 Gig Ram, 1TB SSD, Avast Free 23.5.6066, How to Successfully Install Avast http://goo.gl/VLXdeRepair & Clean Install https://goo.gl/t7aJGq -- My Online Activity https://bit.ly/BobGInternet

Offline Lisandro

• Avast team
  • Certainly Bot
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 09:59:35 PM »
Excellent idea!
The best things in life are free.

Offline DavidR

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
  • No support PMs thanks
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 10:12:13 PM »
Quite generous.

Though like Bob I'm happy using avast free and if we were all using the AIS version we would soon lose the knowledge of what is available to free users to also help them in the forums.
Windows 10 Home 64bit/ Acer Aspire F15/ Intel Core i5 7200U 2.5GHz, 8GB DDR4 memory, 256GB SSD, 1TB HDD/ avast! free 24.2.6105 (build 24.2.8918.824) UI 1.0.799/ Firefox, uBlock Origin, uMatrix/ MailWasher Pro/ Avast! Mobile Security

Offline polonus

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • malware fighter
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 10:19:47 PM »
Hi folks,

I am with DavidR here to better keep in touch with our widest community, but it is a good initiative.
Similar would be to proliferate avast through educational institutions or other root non-profit organizations,

polonus
Cybersecurity is more of an attitude than anything else. Avast Evangelists.

Use NoScript, a limited user account and a virtual machine and be safe(r)!

Offline essexboy

• Malware removal instructor
  • Avast Überevangelist
  • Probably Bot
  • Dragons by Sasha
    • Malware fixes
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, 10:35:46 PM »
Would this be a direct download link... The reason I ask is that during my cleaning I am sometimes asked for a recommendation for an AV .. Yup you can guess what I recommend.  I would rather not send them to CNET as I may end up having to remove toolbars where they pressed the wrong download button.  As for the numbers I have no need of that as I am quite happy paying for AIS, so they can be donated to any worthy cause 

Offline Para-Noid

• Avast Evangelist
  • Starting Graphoman
  • Trust only what you test yourself!
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2012, 10:43:44 PM »
Like Bob and David I like the free version. I do purchase a one year license to help support the company.
I do however see where this could be a mind blowing marketing tool.  8)
Dell Inspiron, Win10x64--HP Envy Win10x64--Both systems Avast Free v17.9.2322, Comodo Firewall v8.2 w/D+, MalwareBytes v3.0, OpenDNS, Super Anti-Spyware, Spyware Blaster, MCShield, Unchecky, Vivaldi Browser and, various browser security tools.

"Look before you leap!" Use online scanners before you click on any link.

Offline SpeedyPC

• Avast Evangelist
  • Massive Poster
  • Avast shall conquer the whole world
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2012, 06:03:04 AM »
Like Bob and David I like the free version. I do purchase a one year license to help support the company.
I do however see where this could be a mind blowing marketing tool.  8)

+1 ;)
Gigabyte 670 LGA1200 Full ATX MB | Intel Core i9-13900 CPU/LGA 1700 | GeForce Nvidia RTX-4070/12GB | 32GB DDR4 | 2 x 1TB Samsung SSD | W11 Home 64bit | Avast Premium v23.11.6090 | Avast SecureLine VPN | Avast Secure Browser | Avast Driver Updater | Avast BreachGuard | Firefox 64bit | MalwareBytes Premium | Adguard Premium | CCleaner Portable | Macrium Reflect | 7-Zip

Dch48

« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2012, 09:20:14 PM »
I think it's a great idea and I may take advantage of it. My social contacts are very limited though but I'll see what I can do

Offline MartinZ

• Advanced Poster
  • Product Manager
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2012, 09:24:09 AM »
Would this be a direct download link... The reason I ask is that during my cleaning I am sometimes asked for a recommendation for an AV .. Yup you can guess what I recommend.  I would rather not send them to CNET as I may end up having to remove toolbars where they pressed the wrong download button.  As for the numbers I have no need of that as I am quite happy paying for AIS, so they can be donated to any worthy cause

Hi essexboy,

yes the download is directly from our site, including also some basic info how to install avast!.

Martin

Offline Asyn

• Avast Überevangelist
  • Certainly Bot
    • >>>  Avast Forum - Deutschsprachiger Bereich  <<<
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2012, 09:42:51 AM »
yes the download is directly from our site, including also some basic info how to install avast!.

Nice, please let me know when it's available in German.

Thanks,
Asyn
W8.1 [x64] - Avast Free AV 23.3.8047.BC [UI.757] - Firefox ESR 102.9 [NS/uBO/PB] - Thunderbird 102.9.1
Avast-Tools: Secure Browser 109.0 - Cleanup 23.1 - SecureLine 5.18 - DriverUpdater 23.1 - CCleaner 6.01
Avast Wissenswertes (Downloads, Anleitungen & Infos): https://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=60523.0

HDW38

« Reply #11 on: December 13, 2012, 01:06:15 PM »
Hi!

You can also recommend avast by logging into your 'avast-account'. You only have to choose 'add new devices'!
 ???
HDW

MASKOMBAT

« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2012, 05:55:14 PM »
Thanks!!!This is great idea to bad it wasn't here sooner i could have it free for life ;)

villasg

« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2013, 03:44:06 PM »
Is very good idea .
But i have a problem trying to download the "free license"
I try 2 days now to take the free license but can not and my Avast I.S expires soon .

Any help plz ?

villasg

« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2013, 09:24:23 PM »
Now work .
I take my free .
Thanks